St Kilda boat ramp upgrade..

On 18/08/2021 at 1:16 PM, doobie said:

Good to see them upgrading the St Kilda ramp.

And yep Savage, the West Bch ramp is a nightmare with the weed problem for the boaties.

Even the new marina at Cowell is looing the goods for the locals.

I remember when they came up with the plan to build the West Beach ramp and they were told that there would be a problem with the sand movement and a large build up of weed.. They ignored the report and still went ahead with it..

cheers

Adrian

1 hour ago, Meppstas said:

I remember when they came up with the plan to build the West Beach ramp and they were told that there would be a problem with the sand movement and a large build up of weed.. They ignored the report and still went ahead with it..

cheers

Adrian

Yep typical.

If council want something to show they are doing good, they will refuse to hear any negatives and just do want they want anyway.

On 19/08/2021 at 6:43 PM, doobie said:

Yep typical.

If council want something to show they are doing good, they will refuse to hear any negatives and just do want they want anyway.

And probably costs them about 500k a year to dredge it 🤦‍♂️

The sad thing is, I've seen 'new' drawings for an 'upgrade' recently. 

The only thing that I see changing is removing the old 'tyre grip' concrete slabs to new ones. 

It needs a massive overhaul! Needs to go deeper because at low tide around 11.30-1 in summer is horrendous (1 maybe 2 smaller boats dock only), a 3rd lane added and a massive breakwater with 1 entry / exit point. 

Something like this should happen I think.

WEST BEACH.pdf