Just how fussy could a Whiting be?

I have fished with a guy who refuses to throw out unused bait, so more often than not he is using re-frozen (sometimes multiple times over) baits. Whether it be squid, cockles or something else and he brains them! I have been on the same boat fishing the same bait for donuts, while he regularly pulls up fish. 

Quality, fresh bait is always going to be best, but experience trumps everything.

A mate of Mine and Doobies called Dave😉 went out 2 days ago, for a short session with a mate and got outfished 13 to 0.

Same baits, same boat, same everything - they even swapped rods at one stage.

So sometimes the striking technique you have chosen for that day, doesnt match up with the way the fish are feeding and it can make one bloke think they were timid and another think they were bighting well

23 minutes ago, yellow door 1 said:

A mate of Mine and Doobies called Dave😉 went out 2 days ago, for a short session with a mate and got outfished 13 to 0.

Reminds me of a guy I use to fish with, he could have caught fish in a bucket of mud. He always claimed that it was the oils in your skin that rubbed off on the baits and that his tasted better. And those guys that do every thing right, but can not get a bite, tasted like fish repellent.