Reel sizes

I know I’m a little behind on the news of reels . Had a spare moment went into TW just looking asked about Daiwa in size 1000 seems they don’t go that small now . Shimano do though . Funny that . When I got home I thought I’ll check out the last reel I bought Daiwa 2500 which I’ll use next trip out . I did feel old my sienna 1000 looks really old compared with the latest one :) 

The sizes are not interchangeable in Australia, a Daiwa 2000 can be close to Shimano 1000. You have to compare capacity and weight, and well, just hold them.

If you want a small Sienna 1000 sized reel look at the Okuma Ceymar C-10, way better than the Sienna in quality terms and possibly a tad smaller, and just as cheap. Meppstas put me on to Okuma, I'd like to try more of their gear but not easy to find locally.

2 hours ago, Soobz said:

The sizes are not interchangeable in Australia, a Daiwa 2000 can be close to Shimano 1000. You have to compare capacity and weight, and well, just hold them.

If you want a small Sienna 1000 sized reel look at the Okuma Ceymar C-10, way better than the Sienna in quality terms and possibly a tad smaller, and just as cheap. Meppstas put me on to Okuma, I'd like to try more of their gear but not easy to find locally.

Thanks for that I just thought it was strange no 1000 

8 hours ago, Mickyj said:

Funny Tackleworld worker told me Daiwa wasn’t making this size reel any longer 

Well I’d say that because Daiwa make well over different 100 reels and models that it would be an easy thing to miss. All I did was go to Daiwa website and search for 1000 and they came up first click. The most common small Daiwa reels made now are 2000s which are similar in weight and line capacity to that of a Shimano, Abu, etc. As mentioned above, all you need to do is do some statistics checks/cross referencing and you’ll see similarities. 

3 minutes ago, Kuerschie said:

Well I’d say that because Daiwa make well over different 100 reels and models that it would be an easy thing to miss. All I did was go to Daiwa website and search for 1000 and they came up first click. The most common small Daiwa reels made now are 2000s which are similar in weight and line capacity to that of a Shimano, Abu, etc. As mentioned above, all you need to do is do some statistics checks/cross referencing and you’ll see similarities. 

As I posted I was told what I wrote by a Tackleworld Australia employee that’s a fact . And I also wrote I’m not looking to buy one at this stage . Just found it strange that there were zero on the shelves of Tackleworld Australia . 
I’m sorry if I upset anyone I was just shocked Daiwa stopped making 1000 size reels or I should say I was told that by an employee of Tackleworld Australia that’s all 

We're currently waiting for the 2021 Caldia LT's to show up, they've been on order for a while, think it's this month they should get here.

I've been toying with the idea of the 1000 Caldia as an upgrade to my Yellowfin luring outfit but then that would mean I'd have to get a new rod as well 

🤔 new rod & reel, angry wife 🤬, peace & quiet after initial explosion👍,  could be a done deal 😂

Yorky

56 minutes ago, Yorky said:

We're currently waiting for the 2021 Caldia LT's to show up, they've been on order for a while, think it's this month they should get here.

I've been toying with the idea of the 1000 Caldia as an upgrade to my Yellowfin luring outfit but then that would mean I'd have to get a new rod as well 

🤔 new rod & reel, angry wife 🤬, peace & quiet after initial explosion👍,  could be a done deal 😂

Yorky

This one ?

$_20 (1).jpg