Myponga Ressie Landbased help

Ok am i the only 1 having weed probs using lures landbased down there.  Using vibes / blades are the go at the moment, to get out to where the fish are schooling. But for the life of me, im not getting enough time for the fish, can see or feel the lure , before it fouls in the weed. knowing they are hugging close to the bottom , thats the strikezone  for the lures to be.  Even weedless sps are getting weeded up .  Been doing are lot of Ks down there for no reward. Its actually doing my head in ,hearing that people are catching 40+ models landbased. The only  way  i can see a way around this is fishing vertically straight up & down  , so you are not dragging through the shitty stuff. Thats were a yak comes into play. But i dont pocess 1, so maybe i just answered my own question!

Hard work fishing land based. The first km or two of shoreline is really shallow and weedy. From the yak I go to a long thin 3inch soft plastic and slow drift with the lure just above bottom. 

Another option is to use a shallow diving hardbody minnow and fish over the top of the weeds. This only works when the fish move in shallow when the water warms more.

Fingers crossed Happy Valley is going to be better to fish L B.  Think i will be waiting for that to open & being 15mins down road even better. Otherwise wait for the water to warm up & fish shallow hardbodies. Its easier to fish when the water is lower , so u can cast further away into the drop off. But at the moment its very full, right up to the tree line.

On 05/10/2021 at 9:28 PM, styla said:

Fingers crossed Happy Valley is going to be better to fish L B.  Think i will be waiting for that to open & being 15mins down road even better. Otherwise wait for the water to warm up & fish shallow hardbodies. Its easier to fish when the water is lower , so u can cast further away into the drop off. But at the moment its very full, right up to the tree line.

Happy Valley Should go alright mate Be some good fish in there too ;)