On 08/03/2023 at 3:50 PM, Des said:

Always inventive 😀

Yeah although the soy sauce bottle lure worked - it wasnt because it was a good idea😉 

Basically had to burn it through schools of ravenous redfin and hope one didnt look at it too long before deciding to strike😉

So those lids were begging to be repurposed

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

sriracha sauce batter flatty nuggets

A lot of tools you swing have a fat bit at the end - so do my rods  I originally used fat bits of cork because my guts would get bruised during Jewie season. (I used to fish for them regularly wi

Posted Images

The arrival of those fake Zmans has coincided with a bit of a dip in fish activity - both the Eps and red fin are being a bit fussy. I was throwing around some unweighted sand worms at both species this evening. That seemed to perk them up a bit.

But my standard mojiko worms are too thin to be durable enough to use on species with so many short strikes.

So I searched for some more fake ZMANS in a sandworm style.

The swimming action on these is bound to be better than stuff Ive used before

https://www.aliexpress.com/item/1005003280088891.html?spm=a2g0o.order_list.order_list_main.14.21ef1802FYSdPq

665.jpg

What kind of idiot buys a cheap inflatable kayak to fish out of - This sort of idiot👍

Ive already fished out of an inflatable belly boat without putting holes in it - so I figured with the temps dropping, I may aswell get a yak aswell.

Foot room sux bad but the seat is super comfy.

I was chucking big lures for the first 2 hours without a hit - So I swapped down to a 1.5 inch paddle tail. That didnt do much but at least I got a little reddy - Then I decided to troll the 1.5 inch for the last 50m back to the car - thats when the yella scoffed it

648.jpg

653.jpg

651.jpg

652.jpg

650.jpg

7 hours ago, dmck said:

I'd be too stuffed from blowing it up to go fishing!!!

I admire your stamina... can I please have some?

Haha - I take the wimps way out - I even take a seat while the 12 volt pump does all the work. I saw a bloke with a cordless usb rechargeable pump the other day - he reckons he can blow up 3 kayaks off one charge - the thing was about as big as a pack of smokes

So theres plenty of options out there for the lazy man

As my new worms are made from the same stuff as Zmans and Im not using jig heads designed for Zmans - they can benefit from a dab of super glue to hold them in place.

And while I had the glue out, I figured Id put some eyes On the heavier heads I planned to retrieve like bait fish.

One benefit I hadnt thought of is they act like stabilising arms when the lure is paused on the bottom - hope fully the hook point will ride up more often

630.jpg

631.jpg

Just opened it up to see how it ticks and apply a liberal coating of Innox to all metal parts.

Yeah theres no stainless in mine😉

The are basically a plastic drum - with a wound up, thin flat steel coil, to retrieve the line.

If you could store it vertically and drill seepage holes to let the water out - the drum could shed the water without touching the metal parts.

But if you laid it on its side and the water pooled and could access the base of the flat spring - I imagine saltwater would eat it pretty quick 

but one full dunking in salt would probably end the fun - thats why its good to have a plan B😉

166.jpg

167.jpg

On 03/04/2023 at 3:57 PM, yellow door 1 said:

Glad I tested that - there was no way I was going to break those zip ties with out pulling myself over board- even the smallest most flimsy ones I have break at an average of 10kg of pull. The others were getting to 30kg and still not breaking so I stopped trying

So I'll use those the little fellas

168.jpg

If you are going to use zipties as the weak link - just make sure they are a "Weak Link"😉

I originally went with the thicker red one in the middle - that was the one holding on passed 30kg - the short red ones are the ones that break at around 10kg - Id be scared to think what it would take to break the black one

162.jpg

Well that was fun while it lasted.

I was always going to measure this Kayaks worth, in hours of fun versus cost price - so at 12 hours for $80 - thats $6.66 an hour until my first puncture.

But all is not lost - the real reason I bought the gorilla glue was Kayak repair - and within a day of the glues purchase I get a hole.

After seeing how well it worked on wood and cement - I've got high hopes for another 12 hours😉

161.jpg

160.jpg

3 minutes ago, Softy said:

Those Trevor's would put up a good fight

Sent from my Pixel 6 using Tapatalk

Yeah it’s been a long time since I’ve hooked a Trev. They’ve definitely earned their rep as a fighter 

I was chasing salmon at the time and I was glad I had 10lb leader on when he started head butting the rock wall. 

I’m down in Warrnambool for a bit so I’ve been bouncing around like a blue arsed fly, trying to find after work spots worth hitting twice. 

found one last night. A little bay jam packed with 2 inch bait. Little eps and bream were whacking them in the darkness at low tide. Hopefully their bigger bros show up when the water isn’t ankle deep

23689632-8690-4D5B-BB65-A5AFF9F69401.jpeg

389347CA-A48B-4B33-B193-783023568EE3.jpeg