Sunline Siglon PEx8 - ADV

I have been using Sunline Siglon PEx8 for a number of years now.

sunline-siglon-pex8-braided-line-3.jpg.d3d8979b508c4c9e2778fdc599a6a262.jpg

The thinness and cast-ability has been great. However a criticism of it would be that it frayed a little easily and subsequently prone to breaking easily if under pressure.

I would adjust the drag accordingly. Sometimes too much for a good set of the lure hooks on a strike. You learnt to adjust the drag after the strike.

sunline_siglon_pe_adv_braid_-_300m_multi_colour_20209_22336984_L.png.jpeg.2b9bf298de4217759c4661700f16db70.jpeg

Today I tried the PEx8 - ADV version for the first time ,,,. Brilliant !!!

Smooth, abrasion resistant. I totally agree with their claim;

"deep resin technology. Increasing abrasion resistance 4 times, slickness and knot strength. It also repels water to improve casting distance cast after cast."

And available for a very similar price.  Highly recommend it.

Cheers, Des.

Completely agree @Des I have always used the Siglon x8 on the flats for YFW, but am slowly shifting over to Siglon ADV as re-spools are required. Only thing I don't like (and it's real 1st world problem stuff) is the lack of a hi-vis colour in the line up. 

It's smooth, casts well and is good for tying knots.

I had planned to try it but I went for more Tasline in the end because I did not want blue and absolutely did not want multi.  When they do it in a chart or yellow I'll try it I reckon. TBH the white Tasline is easy to see above water but in the water it's harder to see than the blue JBraid, and it hasn't gone grubby like I feared it might.

Actually, what's the spacing on the multi?

3 hours ago, Hunter69 said:

Back in the day you had two options. Spider wire. Or fire line 😅

And it went spiderwire braid, fireline then spiderwire fusion depending on what you could afford, fusion would lose the coating and turn into a bundle of silk after a couple of decent fish, awful stuff, fireline was pretty good but stiff until it went fluffy and you had to underfill a little then Spiderwire braid, it seemed weird as at first but once you got used to it braid was the schiz but sooo expensive, ahhh the memories.

If I get an unexpected break in oldish braid - I have found cutting off 10m can save respooling or reversing braid.

The theory being that the last 10m is the bit that see's the majority of the rubbing on rock and snags. So get rid of that and you are back in the game with unaffected braid.

I use thin braid and spool pretty close to the lip to start with  - so I can afford to lose 10m a year. After a couple of times, its time to reverse the braid.

Although I cant remember my last wind knot - its worth testing the hell out of that section of line before reeling it back onto the spool - give it a good old yank. Coz thats the bit that will let you down when the big fish comes along

If unexpected breaks happen deep in the spool, while fighting a good fish - time to bin it and respool.

My kast king braid cost about $4 per 100m (when I bought my bulk spools years ago) - so its not about the cost of respooling - it more about not chucking it away before its due and saving myslf the hassle of respooling  unnecessarily.

• 4 weeks later...
On 23/03/2022 at 11:59 AM, yellow door 1 said:

My kast king braid cost about $4 per 100m (when I bought my bulk spools years ago) - so its not about the cost of respooling - it more about not chucking it away before its due and saving myslf the hassle of respooling  unnecessarily.

I like the Kast King braid.. Use from 6lb all the way up to 80lb.. Works well for the price..

5 hours ago, MIKECATTS said:

I like the Kast King braid.. Use from 6lb all the way up to 80lb.. Works well for the price..

Yeah all my lines are Kast King now - from braid to the Flourocote leaders.

I love a bargain - so I always look for the gems in the lower price Bracket - Kast king is one of those - Not as cheap as it used to be but I will continue to buy it if my bulk purchase ever runs out😉

On 15/04/2022 at 3:11 PM, yellow door 1 said:

Yeah all my lines are Kast King now - from braid to the Flourocote leaders.

I love a bargain - so I always look for the gems in the lower price Bracket - Kast king is one of those - Not as cheap as it used to be but I will continue to buy it if my bulk purchase ever runs out😉

I use the leader as well.. Lands 35 kilo kings no probs in 120lb.. Go straight to the kastking web site,, much cheaper than ebay..

I tried the cheap Jarvis walker braid.. Bit too stiff/rigid and doesnt hold up well to rocks etc.. Lost a couple of kings last year to it..

But the Jarvis walker Leader seems to work ok..

6 hours ago, MIKECATTS said:

I use the leader as well.. Lands 35 kilo kings no probs in 120lb.

Typo there @MIKECATTS? I'm guessing you mean 20lb? Not sure how you're buying direct since they don't ship to Australia. I've always ignored Kastking because it's as expensive as Sufix on Amazon usually. I'm going to get rid of the JBraid on my 3000, it's been awful for wind knots.

11 hours ago, MIKECATTS said:

I use the leader as well.. Lands 35 kilo kings no probs in 120lb.. Go straight to the kastking web site,, much cheaper than ebay..

I tried the cheap Jarvis walker braid.. Bit too stiff/rigid and doesnt hold up well to rocks etc.. Lost a couple of kings last year to it..

But the Jarvis walker Leader seems to work ok..

Thanks for the tip Mike - if it can handle kings - it will handle anything👍

15 hours ago, Soobz said:

Typo there @MIKECATTS? I'm guessing you mean 20lb? Not sure how you're buying direct since they don't ship to Australia. I've always ignored Kastking because it's as expensive as Sufix on Amazon usually. I'm going to get rid of the JBraid on my 3000, it's been awful for wind knots.

sorry 120lb Kastking leader.... I get from them direct through Aliexpress.. They have their own shop there.. and yes.. Jbraid isnt too good..

32 minutes ago, MIKECATTS said:

sorry 120lb Kastking leader.

Ah, you mean the mono leader? The fluoro and copolymers don't go past 50 which confused me. Yeah prices are good there, might try the braid, which one do you use, there are several 8 strand?

• 3 weeks later...