Wind Knots

2 hours ago, SurfcaztR said:

This subject on line twist and swivels has been covered by different forums over time that swivels on braid is a waste of time but the view here is swivels work on braid ? some catching up is still required.

Yeah if you do some of your own tests  - you might be able to bring yourself up to speed😉.

You need to start seeing being proven wrong as a positive - I genuinely love being proven wrong - especially in fishing - because its makes you smarter than you were yesterday and a better fisherman😉

3 hours ago, SurfcaztR said:

This subject on line twist and swivels has been covered by different forums over time that swivels on braid is a waste of time but the view here is swivels work on braid ? some catching up is still required.

Glad we could finally set the record straight and stop the proliferation of misinformation on the internet then because, please pay close attention, SWIVELS DO WORK ON BRAID.

45 minutes ago, yellow door 1 said:

Yeah if you do some of your own tests  - you might be able to bring yourself up to speed😉.

You need to start seeing being proven wrong as a positive - I genuinely love being proven wrong - especially in fishing - because its makes you smarter than you were yesterday and a better fisherman😉

This is my view too, don't believe everything you're told but don't just write it off either, do your own research and experiments then draw your own conclusions from that, such a positive and enlightening way to go about life generally.

Sorry to go a little off topic Des, glad you sorted the problem, I'll leave it alone now.

I look forward to more of your threads though, you have a good way of laying things out 👍.

3 hours ago, Wert said:

This is my view too, don't believe everything you're told but don't just write it off either, do your own research and experiments then draw your own conclusions from that, such a positive and enlightening way to go about life generally.

Sorry to go a little off topic Des, glad you sorted the problem, I'll leave it alone now.

I look forward to more of your threads though, you have a good way of laying things out 👍.

Yeah I was recently given some advice, by an incredibly well credentialed individual, on the subject at hand.

He said he'd worked for 15 years at various yabby farms and said raw potato would out fish kidneys by a long way.

It turned out to be one of the worst baits Id ever tried and it got smashed by kidneys. The nets were placed side by side 30cms apart. And his advice was complete bull dust in my local waters

So no matter how well credentialed an individual is - its always worth checking things out for yourself - especially an internet guru😉

That definitely goes for my advice aswell - Ive been proven wrong before and I will be proven wrong again. But knowing the lengths someone is willing to go to while testing their theories, can help judge what their word is worth.

I also recently received some advice I didnt really understand - it was a little cryptic - and I was a little cheeky in highlighting the vagueness of his reply. He offered me his phone number if I was serious in understanding his answer.

After an hour on the phone, I realised this guy was the real deal and he gave me info that would take 100 lifetimes to gather on my own - maybe 1000's or maybe never.

If you ever get the chance to talk to a veteran weigh-master at fishing comps - have a chat😉. Especially if that guy took the job specifically so he could gather stats and get close to the best anglers

This guy treated fishing like a science and approaches catching fish like the "Money Ball" theory that completely revolutionised the way baseball teams were picked in the American big leagues.

But even Guys I used to trust 100%, can have a bad day and misinterpret their findings. So now I ask for advice and test it myself before accepting it as gospel.

5 hours ago, Wert said:

Glad we could finally set the record straight and stop the proliferation of misinformation on the internet then because, please pay close attention, SWIVELS DO WORK ON BRAID.

Haha - that reminds me of a quote my 14 year old reddy Guru once passed on - "If you dont reckon reddies can take drag - Keep fishing till you catch one that does"😉.

Its the same with Swivels - if you dont understand how they work - you may not be able to get the best out of them. and if the Swivel youre using doesnt undo twist in braid - try another one😉

Alot of people think wisdom comes with age and experience - because they assume the elderly have used the same analytical powers that you have applied to life.

But Ive met a hell of alot of dumb, old, clueless fishing farts, who have runs on the board due to time spent  - not because they efficiently utilized their time or have analytical prowess worth listening to😉.