Lemon Pepper Squid

Again, a lot of you will know this one and its one of the easiest recipes ever, but thats what I'm all about :icon_lol:This is great if you don't want to make too many dirty dishes and want it done quickly. Just prepare your squid meat however you like, strips, rings, squares, whatever you prefer. Score the meat then chuck it all into a bowl of lemon juice. I like to leave it for at least 10 minutes to soak in some of the lemon juice flavour. If you want your squid to be tender soak it in milk for 4+ hours before hand, rinse off all the milk then put it in the lemon juice.Get a pan and put it on high heat. Add some oil to the pan to help the frying process. Now whatever amount of oil you added, put the same amount of lemon juice into the pan as well. Heat the pan until its about to smoke and chuck your squid in. Just after you chuck it in pour a bit more lemon juice over the top as a lot will have started evaporating by now. Don't put too much though or it will cool down the pan and could make your squid rubbery while it has to heat up again. Then simply crack some pepper over the squid to your liking. Let the squid cook until it starts to curl or you see any browning then flip it over and give it another 10-20 seconds on the other side. Again add some pepper. The secret to frying squid is high heat and short cooking time, so try not to overcook it to prevent rubberiness. After you're done serve it up and sprinke a bit more lemon juice over the top. It may sound like overkill but I like my lemon juice :)This is a very easy dish and its particularly good for summer and hotter weather although I'm sure I'll still be eating it through winter.