20 hours to catch a SP Bream

Inspired by the 100 hours to catch a mulloway (can't remember who it was) I've decided to do the same thing. Except I'm not that patient and my target is bream not mulloway and I think (hope) that it may be a bit easier.I went to the inlet of west lakes and walked around the eastern side. I started off with a powerbait grub thing, in motor oil. Got one or 2 hits but nothing hooked. After half an hour or so I changed to a storm twitching nipper. Not sure how they go on bream but I reckon they would work. Had some interest from a couple of little bream and foul hooked a small gar. Then changed again to a 2 inch powerbait minnow in a transperent grey kinda colour. Got a few more hits including one that was just after it had landed. Hadn't even let it sink and whatever it was made quite a splash on the surface.So no luck yet but it wasn't the best time of day and no water comin in to the lake. Encouraging how many hits I got though. Was surprised at the amount of gar in there today, they were everywhere.

It was me :D I reckon the best 2 colours in the lake are pumpkinseed during the day and watermelon as it gets darker or is overcast,generally a 1/32th jighead but i go to 1/24 or even 1/16th if its "very" windy.Pontoons 1/50th.My PB was caught on the 3"minnow but i have done well on the 3" grub,3"fry as well as many others.You'll do it easily even though there are a lot of little picks happening on the S/Ps atm. cheers brenton

how ya going kayak fisher, ya nailed a legal yet, if ya need some help send me a pm and i can give ya some tips if you want? Anyways heres one to keep you inspired, caught this one and i wasn't even targeting bream, chasing mullies! lol they can be real greedy at times, this one took a 70mm squidy fish, i think he went around 35cm. size=2048http://www.fishyorkepeninsula.com/images/attachments/SAJcY8I6__DSC02886.JPG[/img]

In the end a couple came with us that isn't into fishing (wierd hey? ??? :icon_e_surprised: ???) So we ended up just going to westlakes and doing a lap of the island. Got 2 bream trolling around the island and had a nice day but the time is still at 1.5hr. My next outing will be on wednesday afternoon.

good luck i was going out with a dodgy set up telling my self that if i got a legal i would buy myself a decent rod and reel first time out 32cm bream on plasticwent out and got a decent setuphavnt caught a legal bream on plastics sincecaught heaps of other stuff and now have a tackle bag full of different lureswill give it more of a go when it cools down and beach fishing isnt as much fun

• 4 weeks later...

Its been a while so I was down that way today So I put in an hour in west lakes. Got a few more hits and a couple of follows but no hookups again. I think I learnt something though as I changed my retrieve a little and it seemed to be working. I had the biggest box fish I have ever seen follow it in one cast and hit it a few times but the jighead couldn't find the tiny mouth. So after 2.5 hrs still no luck. Probably heading down there on sunday so hopefully have some luck then.

Went down to west lakes again after work today and Had no luck at all. Think I might grab some different Soft plastics befor my next effort. If you could only have 2 packs of softies for bream fishing what would you get? I've got a pretty good selection of grubs and powerbait minnows as well as storm twitching nippers. I didn't really wanna ask this as I wanted to work it out by myself but am getting worried I'm not gonna meet my goal.Also what size jighead would people recomend? I know to go as light as possible but What size hook? The last couple of times I've got a few hits but no hookups.