What have you forgotten?

I have forgotten a few very important things when I'm going fishing And I'm sure I'm not alone. Let us know what you've forgotten. Whether its your tent poles, the beer, bait or left your clothes at home.I've got a couple of good ones. When I was younger and the family was going over to port lincoln for a couple of weeks we stopped at Port Pirie To get somethin to eat and fill up with gas. After sitting down to a meal walked back out to the car and there's no rods on the roof! Added another 6 hours to the trip!Another one wasn't quite as bad. Took the kayak up to Port Hughes and forgot to throw the paddle in! At least dad had the boat up there and I could fish of the beaches but still frustrating.

We left friday (weekend just gone) for a river trip, and i left the front door wide open :icon_lol:Than when we got there and unpacked the misses asked where i put her bag with all her personals in it, than i suddenly remembered i left it on the roof of my car when i put it back under the carport just before we left :-\Quick drive to the local store and forced to pay over inflated prices for basic personals had the problem solved! ;D

forgot the bait a few times still in the freezer when we got to the ramp ,,but luckely i had some squid jags and caught some squid and used the heads for snapper bait and the tenticals for whiting bait and took the bodys home for a feed so it turned out a nice day after all,,,and i am over 50 so thats my excuse,,, cheers freddyboy

Quite often forget the camera... that always results on missing out on some good shots. But I usually try go through everything the night before and have things ready to go, so I hardly ever forget something. But I have left some 2 stroke oil behind at the servo after filling the tank, but was still there when I went back.

first trip out in boat forgot to tie the ancor rope on so lost ancor after a quick trip back in paid a fortune for new ancor... then forgot to keep an eye on battery charge (night time) witch meant a call to marine and harbours who called the water police to come jump start us.that was enough headed in a lot more thoughtfull these days. ::)

probably my only trip to salt creek when it was dodgey fishing and dodgey gutters etc, i also had some dogey luck! we had fished the weekend for not much fish and the last day we decided we would stay longer so we pumped the tyres up packed everything into the 4bies and drove all the way back to the road house, get back at the beach after releasing presure in the tyres again and cast a bait out next thing we know my mate ::)(tyson)::) forws the bait out in ankle deep water he pulls his pillie off the blok walks up the beach and forgets the bait is in the water! a whole large blok of bait to last our time left at the beach! he says it wasnt him it was someone else who wasnt even at the beach at the time lol! now thats prety stupid forgeting the bait is in the wash when u walk away! at least the fish would have had a great feed .hissy.

i was going out for a trip on the breakwater one day and got all the way to the end when i realized i left all the bait on the back seat of my mates, mum's car. we walked back to the boat ramp and luckily somebody was nice enough to give us a tub of gents.turned out to be a great day. :fishing: [glow=red,2,300]C_MAN[/glow]

This summer I forgot to go fishing :oStarted building a kayak just before Christmas, thinking it would be ready to fish from by Feb, and next thing I know summer's gone! Just been so absorbed in this thing I've not thought about anything else."Nearly" there though - should be ready by NEXT summer ::)

• 2 weeks later...

Forgotten, cripes I have forgotten more things to forget than I can rememberAt Nth Haven when it was a busy day I forgot to take the staps off the back of the boat/trailer, wondered why I couldn't get the boat off and it kept sling shotting back up the trailer everytime I braked suddenly to release the boat.Another time at Pt Turton, forgot to put the bungs in, luckily there was no one else around at the time, so it was a quick back on the trailer and bungs replaced before anyone else turned up.Went out from Pt Hughes early one morning and realized i forgot to fill up with petrol before we headed out, got out near the end of the jetty when I realized, then had to wait over half an hour for the servo to open upForgot to buy gents when we went gar fishing , then found out we had no other bait as well.Forgotten to take hooks with me on a few occasions, oh well they were nice days for boating.Went somewhere dont remember where, for a few days, forgot the sleeping bag, had to buy another when I got their.the worst of the lot is when you forget to take a knife with you, you dont realise how much of a pain in the ass that is until you haven't got oneI agree with SuperT dont tell your missus until the day, that way she only stresses about it for an hour or so, not 5 days before you go.I almost forgot, I did forget the handbrake on the HQ at Smokey Bay ramp, only thing that didnt get wet was the front wheels, it wasnt to bad tho, when i drained the water from behind the seats, I found 2 salmon trout and a tommy.Now besides all of that, I rekon I do alright.

try this for a help not that ive never forgotten anything write yourself a list if you have enough time i usually start about a month before carry it with and as you think of things add them when you are about to leave check the list and as you put them in the car or boat cross them off works for me and my son whom ive taught alot of bat habits to uses it too with good effect cheers rod

Just about anything and everything at some stage, once I had forgoten that I had put the bungs in and went back to the ramp took the boat out of the water and only to find that the bungs were still in. When i had a yacht I did forget to put the bungs in, Launched at St Kilda after parking the car I came back to the boat to see it sitting on the bottom full of water. Forgot the bait, I left the wife at the ramp once( I told her I only Forgot). Another time drove to Pt Hughes before I lived here put the boat in the water only to find I took the keys out of the boat the day before and didnt put them back, now the key stays in the boat. Tried the list thing but left it home. And I can tell ya when ya leave the tackle box at home and your 40k's out to sea its a real bugger, Hard to make hooks.

[thumb][/thumb]This is a list i put together some time ago,it covers extended overnighters and day tripsAs the name says My OLD BUSH LIST now i have upgraded it to include other things.Also its in sections for quick trips. I would imagine if your a day trip boatie you wont require a list this inclusive. As rod_evans says carry it around with you for a few days before hand. Then if you forget anything take up TennisCheers peelipeeli 14 [file name=em1vrfWD__old_bush_list.bmp size=1022310]http://www.fishyorkepeninsula.com/images/attachments/em1vrfWD__old_bush_list.bmp[/file]

yes not alot of fun when you see more water in the bottom of the boat than your bilge pump will handle. About a month ago at Pt Hughes a guy was out past the light and must have forgotten the bungs, he was rescued and his boat was towed in the next day by sea rescue. We had a chat with sea rescue as we left the ramp and said the boat was floating just below the water line and told us to be carefull if we were going that way.I will try to find some pics of it.

Guilty of forgetting the bungs while beach launching in NW WA. Lucky enough to get the thing back up on the beach to drain out.Also recently forgot the esky bung on a trip down South coast. What tripped the switch was I wondered why my boots were full of water and my bed in the back of the van was wet. :'(Forgotten the corkscrew a few times. For info: a wine cork may be removed from a wine bottle by repeatedly striking the bottom of the bottle with the heel of an RM William quite firmly about 300 times. It must just put enough energy into the bottle to eventually make the cork just start coming out like champagne or something.