Mulloway bream SP/HB setup help

I've got my bream set up which is my T-Curve 2-5kg tough as nails and my 2500 size stradic. Is this suitable for chasing mullies? I don't think so really. My casting weight on the rod only allows for upto 9g according to the rod, any other suggestions? I've also got a 4000 size symetre and a snapper raider rod which I usually use when chasing mullies but the raider is waay too stiff, more so designed for a boat I reckon, you can't really whip out a cast.What is your mulloway HB/SP set up? Does anyone use a 2-5kg rod and 2500 size reel? What lures do you flick around in weight size? I would assume the rod advice would be what to go with, ie don't cast anything above what it recommends?This post is a bit messy, so many questions in so little space LOL, hope you guys get the gist and can provide some advice :P

ive got two mully rods, a 2-4kg raider with a 2500 sol spooled with 150m of 10lb suffix and got to crisen it last night on a 81cm mully and that was pushing my gear, if i hooked one around the 1m range i would have been in a bit of trouble me thinks, which is why i have a 4-6kg daiwa Dred-back and a symetre 4000 spooled with 15lb braid.I had the same problem as you with my last mully outfit which was 5-8kg starlo stix, it was too stiff and when i hooked a mully on it bearly loaded up so i went to the dread back which still had some grunt at the base but an extremly light tip. I would keep what uve got but just change your heavy mully rod to a slightly lighter one!

I would normally be fishing the onk mate, but keen to get started in the port and WL down the track.I was thinking the rod is what's letting me down, I was trying to flick lures last week with it and it is so damn unconfortable to flick lures about, prob cos the casting weight is something like 18-45g!What is the daiwa Dred-back? Expensive? I was thinking a starlostix medium-heavy squidgy rod, but open to suggestions although I don't wanna spend heaps

yeah if fish the onk i would just youse ya stradic and raider, but fishing the lake or port you will probs be chucking bigger lures chaing the metre fish so i would use the heavier outfit!The Daiwa dread back only cost $150, but go have a play around with some 4-6kg rods and see what u feel comfortable with!

You think the T-curve and stradic 2500 would be fine in the onk? I might load my spare spool up with 300m of 6lb fireline then, I've got 4lb Nitlon PE on my current bream spool$150 isn't too bad, what size lures you chuck? The T-curve only allows for about 9g max, so there is a big gap between that and my raider which is recommended starting at 15-45gYou mainly fish WL I assume?

yeah mainly fish westlakes and sometimes the port. On my raider im usually chucking 100mm or 80mm fish with a 2 or 3 gram jig head and sometimes lighter beacause you dont want your plastic to just sink like a lead wait to the bottom, just slowly flutter down and stay in the strike zone, but on the dread back ill chuck any size lures, right up to the largest size of x-raps they make, not sure how much they weigh! It allows u to chuck those heavier lures and jigs when fishing deaper water in the port and out in the boat to!