Flash Boost squid jigs

How late am I to the party? Well, I figure I won't be the only one so others who are yet to discover the Sephia Flash Boost squid jigs, check them out. Tried one out yesterday, and even in the murky atm Seacliff area (some kind of shore works pumping sand into the cove) and a shit tide it still caught squid when the other lures did diddly squat.

Video doesn't do them justice but:

Yes, I agree with that Soobz, they are great jigs and like you said when all the other jigs showed no interest, the flash boost hooked up immediately. I lost mine at Porties 😡, and had to buy another one, be it they are expensive at around $20. I have the orange/ pink colour. If I see them on special I will probably buy another one in different colour.

BCF_598987_orange_hi-res.jpg

Aliexpress and Ebay are my most used ones and certainly my 'I don't know this bottom or depth' jigs, as I don't like to lose a $20 jig to a snag. I've tried a few of the more pricey options and they don't fish any better than the $3 ones.

But the flash boost is a game changer IMHO, it creates extremely good 'movement' without needing any real movement of the jig. The tiniest vibration, eg. I had it on passenger seat with car engine running, creates a motion that looks like small fish finning.

I think the best use for these jigs is the rod holder if you have even a tiny bit of boat/yak wave movement, they don't really need human input and save the casting for the cheaper jigs.

These are my expendables.

The cloth work isnt the best after a few sessions - nothing that cant be glued back in place though.

I did check the lead keels and eyelets for straightness and was willing to tweak them back into line but they were all good. A couple got some minor tweaks but I was being pretty picky

Truth be known - I originally bought them to use over rough ground - but now I just tie em on and leave em on.

576.jpg

575.png

34 minutes ago, yellow door 1 said:

These are my expendables.

The cloth work isnt the best after a few sessions - nothing that cant be glued back in place though.

I did check the lead keels and eyelets for straightness and was willing to tweak them back into line but they were all good. A couple got some minor tweaks but I was being pretty picky

Truth be known - I originally bought them to use over rough ground - but now I just tie em on and leave em on.

576.jpg

575.png

But do they glow in the dark? Also do they glow under water? (Nothing a glow stick cant fix....)

Holographic tape under the cloth is nothing new, I've got some like that over 20 years old, agree on their day it seems to make all of the difference, sometimes it doesn't, squid can be funny like that.

I've had good results with a bit of SP scent on the jag, seems quite effective. Squid really aren't that tricky most of the time though quality jags sometimes make the difference and you can rely on them being up for the job and to work properly.

Still reckon a Tommie teaser will outfish anything though.

On 13/08/2022 at 7:32 PM, Kelvin said:

This is my favourite Jig too!

I have 1 in a 3.0 the yellow/orange/pink shadow

and 1 in the 3.5 blue/purple shadow.

I had another 2 but lost them really early on. The dark red was my favourite 😭    

At the time these were around $28 and I'm talking 8-10 years ago