These must be the easiest of lures to work. They also cast a mile with ease  ... Into the wind too!

Keep it simple. A constant rolling retrieve across the bottom of a sand flat, will have the Yellow Fin Whiting chasing and hitting it. Never pause with YFW. Keep retrieving even when they strike lightly. They will only chase and hit it harder.

If there is a little structure around, and a possible Flathead around, then I add in a few smooth rod lifts and drops. 

This also applies for KGW when fishing the blueline weed edges.

I very rarely fish Bream areas but I have read they will hit them on the pause.

Apart from YFW and FH the Salmon Trout love them (annoyingly)...  aaand  ... Bloody Puffers too unfortunately !

I have had some success on FH and a few YFW with the Strike Pro and TT Lures models.

But the absolute stand out are the Ecogear ZX. 

The largest 43mm size works best for me with YFW and FH. However drop down to 30mm if you are in a KGW area.

My favourite colours are; #418 - Bleeding Prawn and the #402 UV Pink

Always get some spare Assist hooks. They also work well on other surface lures.

Good luck. I am sure you will enjoy using them.

Cheers Des.

377188240_zZXCollage.jpeg.11f2f3a0f02d075dea847edd8ff32f2a.jpeg

7 minutes ago, Des said:

These must be the easiest of lures to work. They also cast a mile with ease  ... Into the wind too!

Keep it simple. A constant rolling retrieve across the bottom of a sand flat, will have the Yellow Fin Whiting chasing and hitting it. Never pause with YFW. Keep retrieving even when they strike lightly. They will only chase and hit it harder.

If there is a little structure around, and a possible Flathead around, then I add in a few smooth rod lifts and drops. 

This also applies for KGW when fishing the blueline weed edges.

I very rarely fish Bream areas but I have read they will hit them on the pause.

Apart from YFW and FH the Salmon Trout love them (annoyingly)...  aaand  ... Bloody Puffers too unfortunately !

I have had some success on FH and a few YFW with the Strike Pro and TT Lures models.

But the absolute stand out are the Ecogear ZX. 

The largest 43mm size works best for me with YFW and FH. However drop down to 30mm if you are in a KGW area.

My favourite colours are; #418 - Bleeding Prawn and the #402 UV Pink

Always get some spare Assist hooks. They also work well on other surface lures.

Good luck. I am sure you will enjoy using them.

Cheers Des.

377188240_zZXCollage.jpeg.11f2f3a0f02d075dea847edd8ff32f2a.jpeg

Thanks DES I’ll keep them in mind . Don’t worry I’ve caught all those excluding FH on hardbodies trumpeter on them not on plastics .  Something for me to think about while I can’t fish . Light lure on light line I enjoy 

Bream on blades has been a fairly simple technique for me. Similar to how you would fish a soft plastic. Long cast, let it sink to the bottom and pause when it’s there. Pause for a second or 5 depending on the fish activity, and then lift and take up the slack. Let it back down to the bottom and pause again and repeat that until you recast. 
I have also done alright with a burn and kill technique where you let it hit the bottom and then wind straight for 3-5 turns of the reel before pausing and letting it back to the bottom. Rinse and repeat etc.

Blades that have done me well are the Pro Lure V35, Savage Gear Minnow Blade 4g and EcoGear ZX35. Majority of the colours I’ve had success in are gold, black and orange. I also put scent on the blades too for added confidence.

7298FE42-8954-475D-9511-6F96DDE8AEF2.jpeg

20269637-DBC6-4A41-9DBA-B9959E19CBF6.jpeg

54B00C50-1969-4629-880C-60EF9B074CBB.jpeg

5 minutes ago, Kuerschie said:

Bream on blades has been a fairly simple technique for me. Similar to how you would fish a soft plastic. Long cast, let it sink to the bottom and pause when it’s there. Pause for a second or 5 depending on the fish activity, and then lift and take up the slack. Let it back down to the bottom and pause again and repeat that until you recast. 
I have also done alright with a burn and kill technique where you let it hit the bottom and then wind straight for 3-5 turns of the reel before pausing and letting it back to the bottom. Rinse and repeat etc.

Blades that have done me well are the Pro Lure V35, Savage Gear Minnow Blade 4g and EcoGear ZX35. Majority of the colours I’ve had success in are gold, black and orange. I also put scent on the blades too for added confidence.

7298FE42-8954-475D-9511-6F96DDE8AEF2.jpeg

20269637-DBC6-4A41-9DBA-B9959E19CBF6.jpeg

54B00C50-1969-4629-880C-60EF9B074CBB.jpeg

Thanks for that I’ll go looking for all these when I can . And will try them out 

Ok I walked to both BCF and Anaconda. I looked at a savage blade at BCF liked the colour but the weight looked to heavy 6 or 8 grams from memory.  Anaconda I looked at strike pro blades then TT blades bought a TT 1/8 looked smaller probably size I was looking for . The ones that were recommended above I’ll still look for those but I’m with out a car hopefully until some time in September .