1-3 kilo rod

Now I am using again my first lure flicking rod a Daiwa Arid 6ft 10 1-3 kilo rod works well . I’m told I’m getting a gift card for Xmas so I’ll use it and pay the rest I’m looking for a rod 7ft 1-3 kilo no heavier any ideas and not $600  worth either . I had a dream many years ago bigger fish on lighter gear . I was sold a rod near that but not as good as the old arid rod . Any clues guys 

7 hours ago, Kuerschie said:

Samaki Zing Gen 3 2-6lb 7’0” 

Savage Gear Black Savage 1-3kg 6’6”

Daiwa Tierra 702LXS 1.5-3kg 7’0”

Atomic ArrowZ Estuary 2-6lb 7’0”

All of these four rods will suit your style of lure flicking. All graphite, lightweight etc and mid-range price point.

Thanks 2 are to heavy for my needs I have 2-4 kilo rods as well . I somehow like the 1-3 kilo arid rod . Once I’m ready I’ll have to check them out I never buy a rod without seeing it thanks again 

1 hour ago, Softy said:

What two are too heavy? 6LB is only 2.7kg 🤔

I want a rod that says 1-3 kilos on it same as the Daiwa Arid I’ve had for 10-11 years stopped using it went to 2-4 kilos . I want a light weight rod that says on it 1-3 kilo they seem whipper than 2-4 kilo rods I own .

hope that explains it I want to land bigger fish on a 1-3 kilo rod using light weights lines currently using diawa J8 braid with 4 lb fluorocarbon leader and it works great on the Daiwa aird 1-3 kilo rod 

7 minutes ago, Kuerschie said:

The rods state 2-6lb rating which converts to roughly 0.9kg-2.7kg. Which will be exactly like a rod that states a 1-3kg rating. Some companies prefer to put their ratings in pounds (lb.) because most commonly, fishing line is rated in pounds (lb.) so it makes it easier for the angler.

Ok I can’t take a picture of what the Aird rod says 

model number 662LFS-DA 6’6”lure 2-8 kilos line 1-3 kilos 

That’s the type of new rod I’m after maybe a little taller at 7

13 minutes ago, Soobz said:

That Tierra would probably suit you best, LXS=

L = Light

X = eXtra Fast action

S = Spin

ie a whippy light tip but more guts near the handle. I've landed 50cm salmon on it but it's light enough in the tip to feel tiny bites.

Thanks Soobz I can’t get to look today but I’ll remember this one sounds great 

I'm using the new TTR Red Belly Fast action, ultra light 7' 2 piece 1-3kg rod for trout fishing the larger rivers and found it to be a beautifully well balanced rod.

Features of the Red Belly Series include premium 30T Toray carbon blanks with fast and responsive actions, Fuji Tangle Free K Guides with Alconite rings, Fuji reel seat and split hard EVA grips. Premium components, power and performance at an incredible price.

• Available in both 1 and 2-piece models

• Premium 30T Toray carbon blanks

• Fast and responsive actions

• Fuji Tangle Free K Guides with Alconite rings

• Fuji reel seat and split hard EVA grips

TT Rods come with a 1 Year Warranty against manufacturer defect (Proof of purchase required).

The new TT Red Belly trout rod & Okuma ITX-1000 reel..JPG

5 minutes ago, Meppstas said:

I'm using the new TTR Red Belly Fast action, ultra light 7' 2 piece 1-3kg rod for trout fishing the larger rivers and found it to be a beautifully well balanced rod.

Features of the Red Belly Series include premium 30T Toray carbon blanks with fast and responsive actions, Fuji Tangle Free K Guides with Alconite rings, Fuji reel seat and split hard EVA grips. Premium components, power and performance at an incredible price.

• Available in both 1 and 2-piece models

• Premium 30T Toray carbon blanks

• Fast and responsive actions

• Fuji Tangle Free K Guides with Alconite rings

• Fuji reel seat and split hard EVA grips

TT Rods come with a 1 Year Warranty against manufacturer defect (Proof of purchase required).

The new TT Red Belly trout rod & Okuma ITX-1000 reel..JPG

Thanks Adrian something to ponder looks great 

5 minutes ago, Meppstas said:

It's a great lightweight rod Micky, my arms are never tired after three hours of continued casting light weight lures in the rivers.. actually the fishing video that I just put on the site is one that I used the Red Belly rod on..

cheers

Adrian

Thanks Adrian whichever rod I get is my Xmas present family giving me a gift card tackle shop have given me $10 off a $100 purchase . I’ll look at this rod and the other one 

On 10/11/2022 at 9:35 PM, Kuerschie said:

Samaki Zing Gen 3 2-6lb 7’0” 

Savage Gear Black Savage 1-3kg 6’6”

Daiwa Tierra 702LXS 1.5-3kg 7’0”

Atomic ArrowZ Estuary 2-6lb 7’0”

All of these four rods will suit your style of lure flicking. All graphite, lightweight etc and mid-range price point.

Ok I looked at 2 Samaki rods saw the zing one second but liked the 6ft 10 samaki can’t recall the name now but I liked the lightness 

• 1 month later...

Ok I’ve bought a Samaki Zing generation 3 it’s not the 1-3 kilo when you convert from pounds to kilo I believe it’s 1-2 kilo only 6ft 10 but longer than the aird rod I’ve been favouring . So tomorrow I’ll give it a flick . It does feel really great . Guess seeing it’s my birthday this month an early birthday 🥳 present