Snapper rod

I  want to buy a new Snapper rod for the boat, the more I  research the more complicated it gets. I want a spinning rod, around 7', probably carbon fibre.  I have a Saragosa 10000 reel I will be using, yes its big but I  already have it, so it's what will be going on. I  was looking at a Terez, but  I  seen a lot of reports of them snapping.  I will be using the rod for chasing other species as well. Mostly bait fishing.  Looking for a rod around $300 Any suggestions would help.

53 minutes ago, Wert said:

I picked up a Terez from Kuerschie earlier this year, I'm a Daiwa man but gotta say it's a beautiful stick, sensitive enough for whiting but powerful enough for decent eagle rays (so far) and hasn't snapped yet nor do I think it will unless I do some reckless highsticicking.

Highly recommend.

Hi what size Terez do you have?

Your Saragosa has good and not so good impact on your rod choice I think. At around 700 grams it narrows down your options which is good in a way. No overthinking required! Its a big reel and is right at home knocking off a heap of larger models. It is overkill for snapper but like you said, you have it already. Doobs mentioned catching his first snapper on my gear and it was a nice fish but it was a tuna outfit and he made short work of it!!! That was a 6000 Shimano on a T curve Deep Jig 200.  Again, huge overkill for snapper but it is a brilliant allrounder for offshore work. Troll the tuna in the morning and bottom bash for nannies and whatever comes along in the arvo. Still sensitive enough to feel the bites on bait. The Terez range has a heap of rods in that 7 foot ish range in 1 and 2 piece. The TZS70M might be worth a look.  I'd head to a loaded tackle shop with reel in hand and try a few.

2 hours ago, gregtech said:

Your Saragosa has good and not so good impact on your rod choice I think. At around 700 grams it narrows down your options which is good in a way. No overthinking required! Its a big reel and is right at home knocking off a heap of larger models. It is overkill for snapper but like you said, you have it already. Doobs mentioned catching his first snapper on my gear and it was a nice fish but it was a tuna outfit and he made short work of it!!! That was a 6000 Shimano on a T curve Deep Jig 200.  Again, huge overkill for snapper but it is a brilliant allrounder for offshore work. Troll the tuna in the morning and bottom bash for nannies and whatever comes along in the arvo. Still sensitive enough to feel the bites on bait. The Terez range has a heap of rods in that 7 foot ish range in 1 and 2 piece. The TZS70M might be worth a look.  I'd head to a loaded tackle shop with reel in hand and try a few.

Thanks for the advice, I  will be using the rod for any heavier work,  I  have 2500 and 3000 reels for the lighter fishing. So a good allrounder if there is such a thing is what I  need.

On 19/11/2022 at 5:11 PM, gregtech said:

I have a Terez TZS69M and a Saragosa 10000 which is too heavy for the rod (the balance point is at the reel seat). May be OK with a longer rod like the TZS70M. As @gregtech said, take the reel to a tackle store and match it up.