The worst fishing experience ever...

I just got back from 'fishing' in west lakes and I just lost an expensive lure that I just bought and another $5 lure on their frist casts thanks to some shitty knotting. I was getting very frustrated cuase it was taking like 20 minutes to rig up cause I'am not used to such thin lines. :x :x :x

Guest Butters

i think my worst fishing experience's happen most times i go fishing..I always manage to hook and lose! a good fish.. pulling the hooks is my main problem.. {SMILIES_PATH}/sad.gif

nah nah not you viddy,butters always seems to put a knife through his finger or something similar everytime we go fishing, then he always bangs it or gets saltwater inside the cut and cracks the sh*ts!. He's clumsy with a knife, but always gets the big hook up! never lands em though :lol: nah he's a good fisher.

Viddy had to call an ambo to the jetty for his poor knife technique. You and butters should go shark fishing together. You can berley up for each other. MY worst fishing experience was snapping the rope on my scaling bag a few weeks ago with 25 squid and 6 kg Whitings. Never to be seen again

Oi but fred... At least you had a day of fishing before you lost your catch! I got there and had trouble trying to rig up, it was like trying to tie the albright knot with two pieces of hair and then once I did... SNAP....more rigging... SNAP... No more lures and a long walk home on a busy thursday night in the cold. I was so angry on my way home for some stupid reason. It is pretty funny now that I think back on it.

• 4 weeks later...
My most embarrassing moment was when I launched from Nth Haven one Sunday morning, every time I tried to push the boat into the water it wouldn't leave the trailer, after checking everything to make sure it would slide off easily, I backed the trailer a bit deeper and hit the brakes, the boat sling shotted back up the trailer, which sure surprised me, then this little lad said to me, "Mister, you have some blue things strapped to the back of your boat". Sure enough I forgot to undo the safety straps tying the back of the boat to the trailer. Do that infront of four or five others waiting to get their boats in as well, then you know what colour red is

i can beat that i reckon osprey. I've launched my tinny hundreds of times off the beach by myself without a problem. Last year on a nice sunny day i tried down at seacliff. I backed the trailer in nice and deep. Boat came off nicely. Because there was heaps of people around swimming, walking dogs and fishing i thought i'd better drop the anchor in the sand so the boat wouldn't drift away. I proceeded to drive up the beach to drop the trailer off. When i got out the car the anchor rope got caught around the trailer axle and i had dragged my tinny out of the water and about 100mt up the beach like it was water skiing behind my car. Piss funny cause i couldn't drag the tinny back to the beach so i had to put it back on the trailer and drive it back to the water. When you do stupid things like this, why is there always some old dude who shakes his head at you.

Several times i've launched without bungs! this take some time to drain aswell i've found out, and not good for batteries either! :lol: .This one time butters and i launched at the birkenhead tavern and fish a winters night for mulloway by the bridge. It was the wee hours of the morning when we returned back to the ramp and by then the tide was incredibly low which meant the ramp was going to tricky enough, not to mention all the slime which was now exposed on the pavers, plus the layer of dew cover the ramp aswell.To cut a long story short we ended up sliding back down the ramp with the boat and trailer and had to call my dad at about 2:30am to come and help us. In the mean time we managed to chok the rear wheels with a massive rock laying near by! {SMILIES_PATH}/shocked.gifops: Thank god no one saw that cause it would've looked pretty stoopid.Love your work freddy, haha what a sight that would've been! {SMILIES_PATH}/tongue.gif

Guest Butters

yeah was a funny kinda night that one.... when your pulling the boat out the water and the car is sliding towards the water and your are in the middle sliding aswell it kinda makes an interesting situation.. {SMILIES_PATH}/cheesy.gif we got the boat out in the end though... lucky the water wasn't cold in the middle of winter :?

This misadventure happened to a friend of a friend, the names have been changed, lets call him Micky.My mate went trout fishing at a fav south aussie stream with Micky. They hiked 3ks or more deep into the middle of nowhere. After a while Micky started to dance around holding his stomach. "Man im busting for a crap!" With no facillities in sight the bush looked like as good a place as any.....Micky slowly dissapeared into the wilderness not to emerge for some minutes. Soon a shout pierced the valley "F...k!!!!.... I've shat myself!" oh oh. Some time later Mickey emerged from the bush; a strking figure. Blue, white and red footy socks, hiking boots a shirt and a jumper tied around his waist hiding his twig and berries. Micky was BARE ARSED and Blue faced!!! Poor old Micky had some difficulty dropping the kids off; being an inexperienced bushman he didnt quite mannage to position his trousers appropriately during the squatt and accidently dropped the turd right in his pants. With soiled pants and underwear Micky had no choice to washem right there and fish bare arsed for the rest of the day.The highlight for my mate was probably the 3km hike back thorough thick scrub and neck-high grass, Micky all while gloriously flapping in the breeze!!!!For my mate the hard part was the drive home....he was busting too....busting to tell anyone and everyone he could about what a git Micky had been and the trouble he got himfelf into.

I did have another episode at Smokey Bay a couple of years back, put the boat on the trailer at the end of the days fishing, just about to get into the car to drive out when the trailer and car started to slide backwards into the briney, I must have left the Holden One Tonner in neutral with the handbrake on, I should have realized how Holden handbrakes work, or dont work, we managed to get into the car before she dissapeared and stop her from going all the way under. There was an upside though, after bucketing most of the water out and removing the bucket seats, I did manage to catch 2 salmon trout and a mullet. (HaHaHa)