COMMERCIAL CATCH DATA

Hi There,

Would anyone know if and where one can access current upto date data on the commercial catch in SA

My understanding is that all the commercial catch has to be reported to PIRSA.

Does the public have access to this info in a more timely - current manner or do we wait on their stock status reports, which often are reoprting on what happened 4 years ago.

Any help, info, suggestions or guidance as to where to look would be appreciated.

Cheers, Des

5 hours ago, Kelvin said:

Hard to find any upto date data. Looks like just the stock reports from SARDI

At least the references are listed

Microsoft Word - Marine Scalefish Fishery Assessment Report 2020 - Post PIRSA 24 April final_js_MS_SM_DL.docx

King George Whiting 2020 (fish.gov.au)

Thanks @Kelvin. Yes I have these reports.

The 2020 PIRSA assessment report uses the 2018 catch statistics as their latest available data.

And the Australian Fish Stocks Reports have 2019 catch data.  https://fish.gov.au/report/341-Yellowfin-Whiting-2020 

I thought PIRSA should be able to publish more timely data. As often the horse has bolted before we all realise. A situation with the YFW that I think is happening now. However I can't find data to support my thoughts. The data is not being made readily available to us.