6 minutes ago, Knackers said:

I've got a river 2 sea killer vibe. The early one with stainless hooks and a barrel swivel on each hook. At 10 years old it has very little paint left. What type of paint does one use?

Knackers never painted a lure . But 12 or more years ago I was salt water fly fishing . Now I wasn’t a great fly tier but I found a design on a page . It used a product that was used in the building industry from hardware stores a bit better than foam . I’d tie that and whatever else on and had an idea I’d paint nail polish on the building product . It worked on these surface flies landing me legal bream they loved green nail polish colour from the cheap shop 

not sure it helps but I guess nail polish is enamel like 

36 minutes ago, Mickyj said:

Knackers never painted a lure . But 12 or more years ago I was salt water fly fishing . Now I wasn’t a great fly tier but I found a design on a page . It used a product that was used in the building industry from hardware stores a bit better than foam . I’d tie that and whatever else on and had an idea I’d paint nail polish on the building product . It worked on these surface flies landing me legal bream they loved green nail polish colour from the cheap shop 

not sure it helps but I guess nail polish is enamel like 

No worries. Luckily I have heaps of nail polish.

After watching a school of salmon swing by the pier - I saw that even they can be selective when in a frenzy - and the guys doing most of the catching, had a few things in common.

SO I tried making my jigheads a bit fancier.

I put on a couple of coats of the cheapest spray paint at bunnings - fiddly bits in matt white. But it didnt hold on to the lead very well - and I should have done more coats- I was warned Id need to use a primer paint on the lead first but ignored those warnings.

Also learned that spray paint and polystyrene dont play well together😉

244.jpg

243.jpg

241.jpg

245.jpg

240.jpg

246.jpg

247.jpg