Had a trip off Seaford today and tho' the fishing was pretty slow, I managed to hook a small yellow finned Sea Pike and as it was fresher than the frozen bait we had, on to the 4.0 Snapper hooks it went :fishing: Soon after the bait hit the sea bed, the ratchet on the ABU 9000C started protesting loudly :fishing: Wow, this biggy blew me away, having caught plenty of the smaller models in the past I was totally unprepared for a fish this big, 1.1 metres long :o :o :oBarracouta record stands at around 6kgs :o What a monster that would have been :fishing:Cheers, tonyb.Posted ImageURL=http://img23.imageshack.us/my.php?image=p5090153.jpg]Posted Image[/url]Posted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

Good to see you out on the salt Tony B,sometimes on the deeper grounds off the bay you can't even get a bait past those things,infact my avatar on the other site is some jaws i cut out of one of them.The kids wee pretty impressed with them at the time and my lad took them to show and tell. cheers brenton

Good to see you out on the salt Tony B,sometimes on the deeper grounds off the bay you can't even get a bait past those things,infact my avatar on the other site is some jaws i cut out of one of them.The kids wee pretty impressed with them at the time and my lad took them to show and tell. cheers brenton

Yes brenton, certainly enjoyed giving the redfin a holiday for one day, although the day before I busted the SAFWAA redfin record for the third time this year ::) ::) ::)Do you use the same handle on the other site? as I may look over and check out those jaws mate 8)Cheers, tonyb

good pics (whoever took them)

It was a bit of a given Rick as I told my mate the skipper/owner just to keep hitting the shutter button so I had a dozen or more pics to choose from :PAin't these digi cameras wonderful devices mate? :icon_e_biggrin: :icon_e_biggrin:
  • 4 weeks later...