i guess we are kind of lucky here in whyalla we have most of our bait right at our back door just have to put in a little time and efford and the freezer can be full of bait in no time,,,, salmon trout = snapper bait ,,, tommies = snapper bait ,,, cuttly = snapper bait ,,, squid heads and body = snapper bait ,,, squid tenticals = whiting bait ,,,, live squid = kingfish ,,, dab for garfish and if your real desperate theres the striped pearch for crab or snapper baits,, i used to buy all this stuff till it dawned on me to catch my own and its a lot cheaper over the years,,, cheers freedyboy

• 2 months later...

i'm thinking of investing in one of those cryo-vac machines....I don't even know what they are called.One of those machines that sucks the air out and seals really good.What do they cost and where do you get them from anyone????????

We picked up the sunbeam one last week, cause we had been on a charter and had heaps to freeze, so thought, its time to get one. I wouldnt recommend it. By the time we bought extra bags etc, was about $280. I wish we spent the xtra cash on an industrial one. good for bait and berley too. The sunbeem one is too tempramental, and gets sworn at alot. {SMILIES_PATH}/angry.gif:(" title="Angry" />

I'm gonna jump in wiv a blatant plug for Hillmark industries!I recently had dealing wiv them, and I was left STUNNED!I've got one of those Anuka electric hot smokershttp://www.hydraflow.co.nz/images/anuka-shot.jpgand after a lot of use, I finally broke the plastic knob on the timer control.A quick hunt around, and I discovered the Aust distributer for these things was an Adelaide company (Hillmark Ind).I got onto the blower to them, and although they are no longer the distributor, they stock spare parts, and organised to get a replacement knob out to me.Whilst on the phone, the guy from this company asked me what I thought of the smoker. After tellin him how impressed I was with it, he asked me if I'd be interested in any of their other products.One in particular which tweaked my interest was a Sushi rolling machine. The Sushezi! I asked him to chuck a pamphlett on this macine in with the control knob I'd ordered, so's I could check it out!2 days later, a knock at my front door, saw a guy from Hillmark industries standing there wiv a lil parcel for me!This surprised me, coz I was expecting it to be mailed out with an invoice for payment!I asked the guy how much, and he said there was no charge for the knob! This really impressed me. Hand delivered and no charge=very good service in my eyes!What really blew me over though, was when I opened the bag, there was a Sushezi machine in there as well!The guy told me "compliments of the boss!" {SMILIES_PATH}/shocked.gifI have never ever seen after sales service like this before in my life, and when it comes to purchasing products for my kitchen now, I know which company I'll be looking at first, regardless of cost!Oh, and the Sushezi machine, yep it makes forming the Sushi rolls a breeze now! {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif

Can ya tell us a bit more about these elec smokers?

Yep, they're bl**dy expensive! {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gifCold smoking is the normal process done in the smoking boxes you pick up at tacklestores! Cold smoking dries and preserves the meat.Hot smoking cooks the meat as it smokes. This locks in the moisture and doesn't preserve.The hot smokers are made in New Zealand, they're sturdy, reliable and they last the test of time. It works similar to an electric frypan, with racks to lay the fish out on.This should help ya out wiv any info ya need:Posted Imagehttp://www.hydraflow.co.nz/anuka.htmlI picked mine up from Salisbury Tackleworld about 2 or 3 years back. I dunno if he still stocks em, but if'n you're inerested, give him a call! 8258 1166, and tell him Ranger sent ya! {SMILIES_PATH}/wink.gif

So where's my invite for a sushi and red wine night?

I currently have a building site with heavy earth moving equipment right behind my back fence, and my entertainment area abutts the back fence. Hence everything I own is currently covered in a thick layer of red clay dust (outdoor setting, bbq, spa, car, boat, caravan, dog), and being fairly anal I'd be too embarrassed for anyone to see it the way it currently is.Once building is complete though, I'm certain something suitable can be arranged. Oh, ya better listen to some of the other members here though when they tell ya about some of the things I eat!We actually had a "baitfest" here not so long back, where everything on the menu was one form of bait or another. Squid, octopus, prawns, pilchards, whitebait, cockles, mussels, etc, etc! Unfortunately, I couldn't find a recipe for WORMS at the time, but I'm workin on it! {SMILIES_PATH}/tongue.gifSushi can be made to order, coz we thrive on the stuff! {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif

You are " Blessed" Ranger.In this day and age for a company to perform customer service like you described is unreal.Maybe you should buy a lotto ticket as well, {SMILIES_PATH}/smiley.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/wink.gifRe the dust, I can symphatise with you there, I don't even bother cleaning the out door furniture at the moment. {SMILIES_PATH}/angry.gif:(" title="Angry" />