Soft plastics for crabs!!!!!!

Berkley Gulp has worked on so many fish and squid. I know blokes who catch crabs on their plastics. So i would like to try throwing some gulp into a crab net and see if you can catch crabs on it. Imagine if it works and berkley make little chunky crab net baits. I'd use themNext time i'm out i will try it unless someone beats me to it.Crabs on plasticsCrabs on plasticsCrabs on plasticsCrabs on plasticsCrabs on plasticsCrabs on plasticsCrabs on plastics

Guest Butters

Now that would be interesting to use.. a nice chunk of berkley.. and every so often you spray it with the stimulant to recharge??Seen a few ppl using the spray on their crab baits the other morning too..

Well i tried plastics on crabs today.I put one net out with a half a snookone with some squidand one out with berkley cut bait.the plastics were crapWe didn't get one crab in the net but were getting plenty in the other nets.So consider this myth BUSTEDI dont know what i was thinking really

Guest Butters

This is kinda the same.. but when i used to go camping along the murray every year we used to throw out a heaps of nets for yabbies, Well one year we went we pulled the nets up for the first time, each net had about 10-15 carp.. each around 10cm long!!! after a while we had a pile of the things so the nets ended up staying dry the rest of the trip..

Good onya for trying them.I'm surprised you didn't get some as I've caught quite a few crabs while fishing for bream with Gulp. Only 2 weeks ago I was using a hard body in the shallows when I felt a weight all of a sudden....ended up being a big bluey that had gotten it's claw locked up in one of the trebles! {SMILIES_PATH}/shocked.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/shocked.gifdrawn

Just a bit of trivia, as we all know its illegal to use offal ect, but the best bait I have ever seen for crabs bar none is pig fat.Disgusting looking lump of congealed white yuk it is, but I saw a guy at Ardrossan jetty a few years ago, absolutely murder the crabs using it.Everyone else was getting one here and there, it seemed every crab on the jetty was going for his net.4 big blueys a pull.Never seen anything like it, a piece of it accidentally ended up in my net when he left, and my previously empty tub filled quickly after that. {SMILIES_PATH}/lipsrsealed.gifCheers {SMILIES_PATH}/cool.gif

They do eat the gulps but with all the other baits in the water i reckon the plastic would of come a very poor second,My favorite bait for the blueys is skippy but i,ve been real slack this year and haven,t even had a feed yet,i was going to go the other day but at this time of year they are often in poor condition so i,ll have to wait a while and maybe give the carp a go as bait. cheers brenton

• 2 weeks later...