Sorry, but not fishing down south, about the best I can give you is:The Lumb was a steel fishing boat which went down in 1994Latmax: -35.150000 Latmin: Lonmax: 138.440000 and it is not protectedThe Wolf is an ancient Navel vessel which went down off Lord Howe Island in 1837 and was never found.

Thanks ranger after some looking around i managed to find the marks pretty easily for anyone else whos interested the lumb is at lat 35 08 881s long 138 26 530e and the other one which isnt too far away from lumb and lesser known is the SEA WOLF ::) sorry thought it was called wolf ;D, which is at address lat 35 08 879s long 138 26 525e cheers

Cheers brent, yes quite different arent they! as long as it gets u within 10 metres or so its all good lol. just found my old reference which sounds fairly close to one i posted earlier 35 08 887, 138 26 498, might go check it on gps now ;) have u visited lumb with those numbers?

just had a suss and 35 08 059, 138 26 439 definately isnt in the area but change the 059 to 859 and its in the area, also the other old mark i had 35 08 887, 138 26 498 is around the same area also. ile check them out next time im out there as i think my old mark was incorrect as i remember finding one wreck but not the othercheers

I got the marks for the lumb off the net and went out in search only to find absolutely nothing. I decided that it couldn't be that far out though, so I set about searching around the area and eventually found it about 100m away from the marks I had originally. I pinged it while I was there of course so have it on my GPS at home. If I remember, or if you hassle me enough lol, I'll get them for you and post them up. Looks great on the sounder... I was pretty excited to see it. Holds masses of fish too, which was even more exciting. Unfortunately for us though, it seemed to be mainly undersize snapper, or leatheries while we were there... oh... and if you happen to hook the lumb itself, you can kiss your rig goodbye as there is no breaking strain line you can get on your reel that will lift that thing off the bottom.I'm at work at the moment, so will try and remember tonight. I wanna get back there myself sometime and try and anchor better. I drifted back too far over it I think.Gaff

The seawolf was brought from Lincoln by the bloke who used to run Glg scuba and dive charters.He couldnt get permission to create a new dive wreck and was allowed to "piggyback" the lumb an exisiting wreck. I have never been there myself, these are the two marks I have.35 08 879138 26 52135 08 885138 26 537GL

OKThe marks I have entered in my GPS for the Lumb are as follows35 08 886138 26 505I'm almost positive that the above mark is the one that will put you right over the top. The one I got from the net was35 08 914138 26 485Judging by the name I have the first mark, I'm pretty sure it was the one I punched in whilst looking for it after not finding what I wanted at the second mark (internet info).However... coz I'm crap, I have this mark that has no name but is within 100m of the second mark and within a few metres of the first.35 08 857138 26 541What I can tell you about that mark is that I saw something that made me hit the button to record the location.Sorry to be a bit non specific, but I am a bit crap which is why I'm not a succesful fisherman lol. At the very worst you are right in the zone, and a little bit of searching in the general area will put you on it, but I'm confident my first mark will put what you want to see on your sounder.Hope it kind of helps mateGaff

• 3 weeks later...

Lumb S35 08.059 E138 26.439 Sound around in a 50 radius and you will come across the noarlunga tyre reef (tyre modules on the bottom) and the seawolf wreck.Very big structure on the bottom - covered in leatheries but may hold snapper from time to time.Anchor well back from wreck as its rock solid and in 20m of water an easy way to lose an anchor.

• 3 months later...