• 2 weeks later...
Guest SuperThahn

Still SA Angler for me. I thought it was a bit of a childs go. Dont get me wrong good on him for having a go but you dont call good fish in the send in section. "HELL FISH" That is one of the gayest things i have ever seen...

Any SA fishing mag is great imo , i just read WC for the first time and enjoyed it but i thought that month old fishing reports in the regional sections was a dud.I would rather see an actual trip summary.Old fishing reports have no value past the week that they are written. cheers brenton

Any SA fishing mag is great imo , i just read WC for the first time and enjoyed it but i thought that month old fishing reports in the regional sections was a dud.I would rather see an actual trip summary.Old fishing reports have no value past the week that they are written. cheers brenton

Agree with you on all counts brenton, but the benefit of those reports for the thinking angler is extraordinary and perhaps of more crediance than those published in the paper
  • 3 weeks later...
SuperThahn wrote:

Still SA Angler for me. I thought it was a bit of a childs go. Dont get me wrong good on him for having a go but you dont call good fish in the send in section. "HELL FISH" That is one of the gayest things i have ever seen...

Your only gay, if you use gay in your reply. Are you gay ?? SuperThahn ?? :woohoo:

some good points. personally i read both and have found wild coast more informative and sometimes more interesting. i thought the last issue of SA Angler wasnt worth buying but i did anyway...to those involved in wild coast, keep doin what your doin! its a great mag.cheers michael

I read and enjoy both but was a bit disappointed with both this issue.

wen most of just want to no wats been caught on our local waters

What do you class as local? To me local is upper spencer gulf for others it is metro waters. So where should they base their local reports. It is a state mag after all.

Good point VB,but I can see sort of where fsw is coming from.Seen quite a few aricles on some expert holding up big Sampsons or Kings, and how he is a genius at catching them,when the truth is he has bought a 1000 dollar outfit ,payed someone 1500 dollars to take him out to some ongo bongo reef 80ks off Streaky Bay or similar and been put on top of the fish.Thats great and can see that its a good way of advertising,but for the average punter...... zzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzEspecially in the case of one of those mags the author has vested interests in the operation he writes articles about.He used to write an article about exploits on a certain vessel,that fell through ,and bugger me dead articles start appearing about the new venture that he became part owner ofBut thats the way it goes I guess,everyone has to line their pockets somehow. B)But on the flip side I guess it also showcases the mindblowing fishing we do have here,as weve always played second fiddle to the Eastern States.And by advertising it may bring people over to sample it and dollars into our state.As long as there is a balance everyone can find something in the mags that they find interesting.Cheers B)

Especially in the case of one of those mags the author has vested interests in the operation he writes articles about.He used to write an article about exploits on a certain vessel,that fell through ,and bugger me dead articles start appearing about the new venture that he became part owner of.

That is wrong and blatant advertising and should be noted in the story as well so that readers do know that there is a vested interest involved. Nothing wrong with plugging a good product but when it reality it is an advertorial then the reader should be made aware of that fact

I really appreciate all south australian fishing magazines. It awesome to pick up a magazine and see places i've fished or that I could easily travel to for a fishing trip. I used to buy other fishing magazines but they are FULL of interstate fishing spots/advertisements and most of all fish we don't see.I used to like southern fisheries when it was published as I'm interested in marine biology/aquaculture and it was quite a good read and contained some local fishing stuff too. I now buy SA angler and WILDCOAST religiously, I was stoked to find wild coast when it first came out as I hadn't heard anything about it and I think its a fantastic magazine.Its cool to pick up a magazine like WILDCOAST and see shops that you know you can visit, products that you know will be in stock, places you fish or would like to know more about, photos of fish people have caught it our waters and stories of south australians that have gone fishing and are sharing their experiences.Awesome mag, a pleasure to read, keep up the good workCheersTom

Guest undertaker

I just generally browse at all the mags at the newsagents,and if there is an article that catches my eye,I generally buy the mag.So,no real "loyal" purchases from me.4WD mags are different for me though :P