Just go with the flow as it happends .If ya need to give it curry then do it.The smaller ones around 15kg to 20kg arnt as stubborn as kings around the 30kg plus bracket .Youll no when you hook a big fella mate thats when your knees start to wobble,and what is ment to be fun can become stressful.Every thing feels like its going a million miles an hour.Catching and chasing kings is the ultimate fishing experience,and so rewarding when you get the bugger in the boat. :icon_e_biggrin:

damn... you blokes have go me all fired up now....first chance i get im heading up to have a crack. will respool the alvey with another 600mtrs of line, will leave some of the original stuuf on to make around the 700-800mtrs, making sure it goes on real tight...GOD KNOWS where im actually going, but i got a few mates up there that will HOPEFULLY see me right and point me in the right direction...hahaha... one of my mates actually fished for them on his jetski... no hookups he said.... would have been real funny to see him try and pull a monster up... i had images of a ski doo being towed under water....whats best? live bait, or a lure.... bloke who used to live there, had free access to inside the power station as his dad worked there.... he threw a surface popper around with no luck about 5 yrs ago, but that would be hard work with an alvey with no gears...