Guest AC Hardfronts

All depends on your price range really..but TLD25 would be a good lever drag reel, with ample line capacity.after that you can go the Tynos30, same as the TLD25 pretty much but a metal and bigger drag.or Tiarga30W any of these would do the job..

Guest AC Hardfronts

Well one mod that can be done to the TLD 25/20 which have done is upgrading the handle to the Tynos30 handle.More comfy handle than the little plastic thing on the TLDs, New handle is around 50bucks.Dont think you will be dissapointed with either of those 2 reels.

if you are fishing in the boat have a suss of the avet mxj's. worked well on adventurebound when black magic rebadged them as there own and were selling them for a while.http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9IYe4AuGBD8&feature=PlayList&p=F1E05D23C6360B22&index=0&playnext=1Big ians selling one at a good price in the for sale section, id pm him if asap if i was you there good reels.

Can't go wrong with the TLD's, great reels and you definitely won't be disappointed, but if your looking to run braid and you're going to use a 15kg rod I'm assuming that you will be running 15kg braid and both the TLD 25 and 30 (same reel other than the two-speed option) will hold a ridiculous amount of 15kg braid, they'll even hold a ridiculous amount of 24kg braid. You might look at one of the smaller Saltist reels, perhaps the 30, and there are good options from Avet/Black Magic or Shimano as well.

Shimano are overpriced

Can't go wrong with the TLD's, great reels and you definitely won't be disappointed, but if your looking to run braid and you're going to use a 15kg rod I'm assuming that you will be running 15kg braid and both the TLD 25 and 30 (same reel other than the two-speed option) will hold a ridiculous amount of 15kg braid, they'll even hold a ridiculous amount of 24kg braid. You might look at one of the smaller Saltist reels, perhaps the 30, and there are good options from Avet/Black Magic or Shimano as well.

Gday was wondering what would be good reel for kingies at Pt Augutta got the rod picked 15kg texaliumi want to run braid, any suggestionscheers[/quoteA daiwa saltist 40 would suit your rod nicely and the tld 15 to 25 will do the job to,its just a matter of how much ya want to spend and how often you will use it up there.Also i think there is no need to use heavy knock down tackle like inter 50s and so on.With kings at Pt Augusta its more about technique and using your head than your muscle.Remembering your fishing skinny water with structure walls rocks ect.My advice if ya want to take it is Softly Softly until its safe to give em a bit of curry

The locals who fish down there with alveys would enjoy reading this.I use a tld-20, I've found it awesome for sitting in the rod holder doing fuck all for several days at a time while the kings sit there looking at me.If I had a better reel surely they would take my bait!

I use a tld-20, I've found it awesome for sitting in the rod holder doing (Censored) all for several days at a time while the kings sit there looking at me.If I had a better reel surely they would take my bait!

mwilson.......have karma! :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:
Guest AC Hardfronts

The locals who fish down there with alveys would enjoy reading this.I use a tld-20, I've found it awesome for sitting in the rod holder doing (Censored) all for several days at a time while the kings sit there looking at me.If I had a better reel surely they would take my bait!

ha ha i know exactly how you feel Mwilson, never turned a reel on the big stuff up there... maybe a should get a gold reel too,then ill get a king... ;D
Guest SuperThahn

Mwilson spot on! I watched a mate c hucking lures and baits on an alvey last year and he got a 35kg fish on it no dramas. And that was landbased. I also know of a 43kg fish last year taken landbased on a spinfisher.

The locals who fish down there with alveys would enjoy reading this.I use a tld-20, I've found it awesome for sitting in the rod holder doing (Censored) all for several days at a time while the kings sit there looking at me.If I had a better reel surely they would take my bait!

Oh crap, I've got a TLD 20 that I was planning on using for the kings, guess I'll have to get myself an Alvey instead. ;D