Eurostar Baitfeeder BFS-80

I have a Eurostar Baitfeeder BFS-80 that has been a great reel on the Mullies but suddenly does not want to engage when not in baitfeeder mode. I have taken the cover off and peeked inside. No visible broken parts, nothing seized, all seems to work ok. Got me stuffed. Anyone any ideas of where I can get it looked at? Thanks

Take it into Gotone Stmarys & ask Jim to let Bruce have a look at it for you. If it is a part he some times can fabricate some thing to get the reel going again. If I remember correctly parts are now unavailable these reels were last made about 15 years ago. L. wilson (Queensland) was bringing it in for a while under the surecatch brand.

If i remember correctly the mechanism that engages the baitrunner is made of quite thin plate and only has to wear/straighten slightly to miss the cam which knocks them back into gear.Sometimes though the grease can dry out and the spring(which is pretty weak) does not have the strength to pull the mechanism within reach of the cam knob.A rinse with inox then regrease can sometimes fix them......for awhile cheers brenton

Thanks all....I'll vist Gotone at St Mary's next week. Funny thing is I have 2 of the same reel and when I checked the other one, it has gone the same and was I have not even been using it. Having taken both apart and freed everything so it all looks like they are working, neither works. Maybe time for a new reel...early Fathers Day present coming on me thinks! Again thanks for the advice.