"how to catch Snapper"

Hi,I was at port broughton on the weekend and receieved a leaflet about "how to catch snapper" close to shore without the need for wrecks or reefs (all the fish were caught on flat sand 3km from shore), the guys name was wayne and runs a course where he teaches you methods on how to catch them.Link to website http://www.snapperfishing.com.au/I was impressed with what i seen and read, and was wondering if anyone has done the course and what sort of catch results they got since??Cheers

I had 1 of those leaflets placed on my windscreen at O'Sullies a fair while ago.Try giving John Winslet Fishing Tuition a call as he can teach you local techniques and give you real fishing spots in this Gulf to fish that already have been proven by many previous clients (some of which have posted on this site)Personally, I'd be very carefull with the above course if it involves going out on his boat as the boat would have to be in survey and the skipper would need at least a coxswains certificate as income is being derived from the use of the boat. However, if it was only a shorebased course everything would be above boardHe offers a great service http://www.glenelgfishingcharter.com.au/services.php

I'm another who vouches for John Winslet and his tuition courses.He'll come out on your boat, tailor a day to suit your needs and cover issues relevant to you. Maximising your electronics, interpreting your sounder, anchoring correctly, rough weather handling, etc, etc, and it costs a damn site less than $500.