• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would not surprise me in the least and the reason why I've been saying to anyone who'll listen. "if u even half think u will want one in the foreseeable future do it now because In my opinion it will only be a mater of time before it happens."Remember also that there wasnt a lot of warning about a tierd system of registration for our boats so if your expecting a big advertising campaign for any changes to licencing requirements I think you had better think again.Just my view

just a personal opinion, its not such a bad idea as long as we don't get slugged some ridiculous amount and the money gets put to good use like improving ramps around the state and not lining Mr Rann and Mr Folye's pockets ;)

LL, not knocking here, as everyone is intitled to their opinion, BUT I wouldnt support it under any circumstances. We already pay a levy that contributes towards the cost of maintaining, and building new facilities and equipment. Any additional charges to us boaties would also mean more administration costs to collect it therefore less of what is earned goes back into the recreation.Personally, and I can see no reason (YET) to introduce such a thing except for the benefit of additional funds to the government. Any talk of these funds being put back into the boating industry should be viewed with much scepticism for the reason I explained above ;) If anyone can confirm that this rumour is true, I'd love to hear from them

Dont know what the official situation is but last year i heard things on the news about potential changes due to those few boating accidents around australia. thats why i studied hard :) and got my licence. grand total of $60 for life. 6 months later..just need a boat.Also, there is a VERY helpful online boat practice test..i think NSW government...similar to the online driving test..you can find it through google. its extremely helpful and 100% the same questions as the real thing...just be aware of any differences in the law..i only found one.cheers

Marsone you are spot on. From July 1 boat licensing is to be renewed every 12 months. But if you already have a license then it is still yours for life. Luckily there is a course on tonight so thats exactly where I am going to beat the dreaded law change .boat. .boat. .boat. .boat.

CK I went to service SA this morning to find out the costs associated with getting the license, when another operator said "Well you want to get it done as soon as cos on the 1st of july licenses are being changed to 12 monthly renewal after that"

Guest AC Hardfronts

Geez yearly renewal for a boat license... :o :oWhat next, they will charge you everytime you want to launch your boat..They are just after money, money and more money!Carps - thats a bloody good point haha..

Well something is a miss here.Have just got off the phone to the transport dept and the marine section there of. “There is currently no renewable licence for marine operators nor are there any plans in place to introduce one”Not my words, those of the operator at the other end of the phone. So again if anyone hears different and can confirm what they have heard I would love to hear about it.Perhaps those of you in the industry, or with contacts in it can look into this as well.

CK I went to service SA this morning to find out the costs associated with getting the license, when another operator said "Well you want to get it done as soon as cos on the 1st of july licenses are being changed to 12 monthly renewal after that"

Yep I heard that too, correct ..So Boaties get in before 1st of july.. :fishing:

I agree water boy, to many people don't know how to handle their boats and when they do use them its usually on a long weekend and busy at the ramp, some have no idea on how to handle their boat. Some of the things Ive seen done in just the last 6 months alone you wouldn't believe. So yes it should be that a compulsory boating course be done with either the purchase of a boat or when a licence is issued.

Did mine tonight. Just finished. Yeah a practical test will be implemented over the next couple of years. Asked him about the yearly renewal, he hadnt heard of that yet but did say if thats what service SA said then that is more than likely the case. I dont care though cos now im licensed for life .boat. .boat. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ;D

Did mine tonight. Just finished. Yeah a practical test will be implemented over the next couple of years. Asked him about the yearly renewal, he hadnt heard of that yet but did say if thats what service SA said then that is more than likely the case. I dont care though cos now im licensed for life .boat. .boat. :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: ;D

Well done vb4me..You beat the system ;D ;D