• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Yeah I was quite surprised that she agreed but it will be funny to see her out on the water :) got to get her fishing first. She has agreed as long as she doesn't have to touch the bait or the fish :laugh: hahahahaI've agreed to take her squiding, so I think a squid "may accidentally" get pointed near her whilst inking. Although I am impressed I have convinced her to clean a squid from scratch before...

Went and got mine done today - no big deal really.The staff couldn't confirm the idea of July 1 being the cut off date.... They did however say that the same story circles around every year... But then when on to say it will eventually happen, and July the 1st will be the date the changes are brought in.So I guess we'll have to wait and see if it ends up happening.Cheers

Cheers fella Fishingnut, I wouldn't really bother with a course. Set aside a bit of time - I reckon 5-6 hours of studying for it and you'll be OK. If you're after some advice on what to look at myself and I'm sure others on here would be happy to give a few pointers via PM.

The course being mentioned isnt a full on course as such. It was a guy from Fisheries basically just explaining a few things that are written in the book and giving a few pointers on how to remember some things as some people find the book a bit hard to understand. The fee was $25 to sit the test compared to transport SA's $31, also he sent people back to their tables to reread and answer questions if they got them wrong to make them understand the question properly whereas transport Sa if you muck it up its pay another fee and try again later.I did a course years ago in Qld which was a day and a half and included some boating practise before doing the test I think it cost around about $120.Seriously if you read the book and just study the bits you find hard to understand you have a very good chance of passing.

dont forget there is also an oline practice testhttp://www.maritime.nsw.gov.au/boattest.htmlis is NSW Gov but what i did was i look at the Q and then found the answer in the SA handbook..that way i know for sure its sa rule..i only found one question had a diff answer in sa.ITs a really helpful test

vb4me wrote:

The course being mentioned isnt a full on course as such. It was a guy from Fisheries basically just explaining a few things that are written in the book and giving a few pointers on how to remember some things as some people find the book a bit hard to understand. The fee was $25 to sit the test compared to transport SA's $31, also he sent people back to their tables to reread and answer questions if they got them wrong to make them understand the question properly whereas transport Sa if you muck it up its pay another fee and try again later.

Thanx for that!! got a contact number for a time/place they do this format?

Well, all this rumors were good enough to motivate me as well.Went for a test yesterday and now I have a boat licence too. One thing regarding the quiz on NSW site is that there you need a separate licence for PWC so very few rules on them are covered in online test, the SA test has quite a few questions on this.

Eddo78 posted 24/6carps wrote:while we are on the subject of boat licences can someone explain to me why the only licence that is paper is the one we have to take in water ??? ???Classic...I have always wondered about this. When I got mine I laminated it. I have mates with licenses the size of a thumb nail.