Biggest Salmon

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 11 months later...
Guest TACKRAT1985

i spotted a few schools around may at rapid bay off the beach on the rocks big schools 2 and could reach em with my alie mg diet, hard body and 3-6kg tcurve and 4000symetre running 10lb schools don't hang around like at browns though gotta be quick or hope they cruise up and down beach this was my p.b from there Posted Image

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
franga wrote:

and here are two of the larger fish of the day, most were around 3kg. the biggest was 4, not that long, but thick as size=336http://www.strikehook.com/images/attachments/ZqAWSi5Q__browns_sambos.JPG[/img]

Absolutely no offence mate,but there is no way one of those fish is 4 kg,seen many a Salmon in my time but 5 or 6 lb max on those.Salmon are the one fish where you hear 3kgs but in reality your looking at 3lbs,a 4 kilo Salmon is a huge fish.Your looking at 75cms +.Cheers
Cal wrote:

franga wrote:

and here are two of the larger fish of the day, most were around 3kg. the biggest was 4, not that long, but thick as size=336http://www.strikehook.com/images/attachments/ZqAWSi5Q__browns_sambos.JPG[/img]

Absolutely no offence mate,but there is no way one of those fish is 4 kg,seen many a Salmon in my time but 5 or 6 lb max on those.Salmon are the one fish where you hear 3kgs but in reality your looking at 3lbs,a 4 kilo Salmon is a huge fish.Your looking at 75cms +.Cheers
beg to differ... mine weighed on the official scales for the salmon comp was 3.900kg gutted.mine as with the photo is a tad over 5 coke cans...a coke can is 120mm tall...so thats exactly 60cm.mine when caught was FULL... and at a guess it would have easliy gone over 4 kg., more than likely closer to 4.2kg.the winning salmon weighed was 5.2 kg gutted... it was reportedly a bit over 7kg whole.
Guest AC Hardfronts

Dont think he is going to be offended.. Hasn't been on for over a year? the post was from almost 2years ago?Hard to tell from a photo.. Some ppl dont hold fish out from there body, some ppl are tall, some fish are fat.. 5-6lb max?3kg = 6.60 lb

Guest davidm#2
AC Hardfronts wrote:

Dont think he is going to be offended.. Hasn't been on for over a year? the post was from almost 2years ago?

fair enough, but there good fish none the less, who care how big they hemight not of had scales with him and it was just a guess :P
  • 1 month later...