Stuffed Squid Tubes

Ive always wanted to try Stuffed Squid but havent got a recipe can you put up oven temp and time etc so I can give it a whirl.Bloody hell the joys of being a bachelor again I never thought I would be asking for recipes on a fishing site :lol::lol::lol::lol: Im just going to do some wrist exercise's Im worried they are going a bit limp :ohmy: Thanks snapps

Gidday all This is a post i put up in the Kitchen 2008/08/19 since the new format of Strikehook I dont know :unsure: if some of you are refering to this or to Sandywhitings OH s description of stuffed suuid,But I thought i would paste it here anyway, :) Cheers peelipeeli 14now where i come from we dont catch many squid so every time i get to adelaide i will hunt out some fresh ones(Whole) thenclean as normal but keep all of the meaty bits,flaps/wings,discard the eyes but keep all the stuff from around them also from around the beak, and the tentercles?. Inside the tube you will find two long pieces of nice tender finger like pieces of flesh save these as well.plus the meaty bits above the eyes. give the rest to your burlie mix.clean the tubes and put asidemince or chop all the other stuff (I just cut it into chunks)get a few raw prawn tails,some fish fillets,mabee a couple of mussels,or any other seafoody stuff like cockles,crab etc cut all this in chunks and mix all together with some real butter,cashew nuts,whatever herbs or spice you like(I use fresh chilly,ginger and garlic,salt/pepper .add a few seasoned bread crumbs(not many)and one or two eggs.now just stuff this mixture into the squid tubes ,and sllooooow fry in chilli flavured olive oil,a dash of good soy sauce and butter ,*Cook slow or you will burn the butter(dont use margarine) when cooked thru you can eat hot or as i do let them go cold and slice tubes thru and serve with salad . :

That sounds awesome, just need to get some squids! I have a heap in the freezer at the moment but they are all cut up into rings for quick cooking :( Hopefully the weather will clear up a bit and I can get squiding again, the water has been too rough to squid at my favourite spot recently. I'm so keen to try this out!

Vanders, squid has to be cooked very very quickly (30seconds to one minute max) or cooked very slowly for a long time (one to one and a half hours).If you find your squid is still tough and rubbery, try soaking it before cooking in kiwi fruit (YES I'm not kidding) or milk.