Biggest snapper

• 3 weeks later...
  • Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'd never caught a snapper until this weekend. Went out with my uncle and caught 3. My first ever snapper went a whopping 100cm - could not believe it. Going to be hard to wipe the smile off my face f

finally broke the 30lb and mtr mark this year at the stanvac barges (a while ago) we ended up with 6 fish over a mtr that day...

May not be my biggest red but it was certainly my biggest on light tackle, not bad for a Wednesday night after works effort.went 9450mm and a bit over 9.2kgCaught onRod: daiwa sol 2-4kg Reel: quantum

Posted Images

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

There is one Snapper that I neither weighed nor measured for some weird reason :blink: , i ended up giving it to a mate at the ramp who had a big BBQ planned.But I tend to think that may have gone a meter (it's in my little banner below with the blood on it).Apart from that, I've caught tonnes of snaps (well maybe not tonnes lol) and never cracked the meter mark!!! Closest I've come would be 99cm in October just gone.So that is just bloody awesome to get them fish you got mate.... And from a popular metro ground too wow....! Thanks for the pics.... Awesome.... Gives the rest of us something to aim for :)

we cruised up to the barges and saw a heap of boats around 6am-ish just around tide change, sounded around a bit more north as i didnt think the pack was on the mark... we found something big and interesting on the sounder and anchored up maybe 50-80m north of everyone esle pretty much on top of it, dropped the pick and we pretty much triple hooked up straight away, my dad and mate got reefed (never had a snapper do this - fish up north have done it too me but not snapper), i got my fish up and gaffed it myself as the boys were busy rigging up, we couldnt believe the size of it... the boys weren't expecting me to bring that over the side... the bite then stopped for a bit and i put a few bits of pillies down in a burley bomb and then they came back and we landed a couple more and got reefed again... it seemed everytime we dropped the bomb they'd come out and as they were reefing us within seconds i think they were hard up against the structure and needing coaxing out... we couldnt belive our luck and bagged out on fish of a lifetime 30 minutes out from west beach ramp...another boat moved up right beside us and started pulling horse sized fish as well, when we looked around no one else was getting them so i think the school was very localised... funny thing was we tried the same spot, same time and same conditions the very next day and didnt get a bite! definately right place, right time and a lot of luck...we got home and measured them up and we were wrapped with everyone getting 2 fish each and all over a metre, used an electronic scale and also a tape measure with dad doing the honours being a tradie... the longest went 1100mm and was skinny and lean (a real greyhound) and it looked in poor condition as it was probably the end of breeding season, a fish this long should weigh heaps more than 11-12kg...

Certainly champagne fishing Manimal.:woohoo: Cant say I've ever heard of our Reds being dirtyu fighters' date=' then again a metre long red hooked right next to structures probably still going to get you into some strife :whistle: you guys must be pretty wrapped with it all :clap: :clap: :clap:[/quote']The buggers have got me on the barge on a few occassions,bit to close though,my fault:P