Biggest snapper

• Replies 301
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I'd never caught a snapper until this weekend. Went out with my uncle and caught 3. My first ever snapper went a whopping 100cm - could not believe it. Going to be hard to wipe the smile off my face f

finally broke the 30lb and mtr mark this year at the stanvac barges (a while ago) we ended up with 6 fish over a mtr that day...

May not be my biggest red but it was certainly my biggest on light tackle, not bad for a Wednesday night after works effort.went 9450mm and a bit over 9.2kgCaught onRod: daiwa sol 2-4kg Reel: quantum

Posted Images

ive just been watching in for a while and its weird that it gets to this. Pic of one of my snapper caught few years ago. 29lbs got heaps of 30plus pounders since. im a pretty good fisherman. B)

looks like australias most wanted haha looks like we have our selves a fugative...

he got a nice snap though lol

That's because he's a pretty good fisherman :fishing::laugh: :laugh: oh yeah...and he's got heaps of 30lbers since...can't forget that one:S :whistle:
ranger my mate uses this site. seen it getting out of hand the other day though id sign up. here is my biggest snapper to date caught off glenelg last winter. 15.6 plus kilo weighed 7 hours after. it will be hard to beat this pb.

ray15.6kiloknobber.jpg

he got a nice snap though lol

That's because he's a pretty good fisherman :fishing::laugh: :laugh: oh yeah...and he's got heaps of 30lbers since...can't forget that one:S :whistle:
ranger my mate uses this site. seen it getting out of hand the other day though id sign up. here is my biggest snapper to date caught off glenelg last winter. 15.6 plus kilo weighed 7 hours after. it will be hard to beat this pb.
Well done on that fish.I'm confused though??Seen it getting out of hand??How??Are you dashing in with a superhero fisherman manner to save us all.I await with bated (or is that "Baited") breath??
yes but lets not forget that we havent actually seen ray ray with any fish yet have we australias most wanted ray Must have been caught' date=' he has no profile now. :ohmy:[/quote']They were some cool photos whoever that fella was.:ohmy: shame really he was such a "good fisherman" :P
Guest Brent61

i'll sit here, very happy , i netted 2 x 7kg snapps in my tinny yesterday , not scale busters but big enough for me and an ex workmate to go silly. looked funnier when he headed home on his GSXR1100. With 10" of tail sticking out of his back-packi'll put a pic up when i charge my old ph up and bluetooth it over, new ph has no usb cord.brent

yes but lets not forget that we havent actually seen ray ray with any fish yet have we australias most wanted ray Must have been caught' date=' he has no profile now. :ohmy:[/quote']They were some cool photos whoever that fella was.:ohmy: shame really he was such a "good fisherman" :P
jagger/carps the flicks he posted are on here, look on last page. real big. did you guys say he no longer a member? was he canned or quit by himself. good pics and storys he posted in short time. i sence some jelous mods on here? i tell you what ive been fishing for snaps for 15yrs and never caught one as big as his snap. now he just a legend in his own world. haha lol.

man of mystery..... either way there are some big fish in the sea...Srick there's no point being jelous mate....everyfish is different for their own merrits.... My avatar... On a charter caught with 75lb main line to 150lb leader....no fight for 20lb fish, very dissapointed. However... the last 7-8kg fish I landed locally faught tooth and nail all the way and was far better than some of the bigger fish.....all different!Hopefully I can replicate Brents efforts tomorrow and get a few with the old man !! still plenty around in numbers..but for how long??

Guest Brent61

i netted 2 x 7kg snapps in my tinny yesterday brent

:boot: :boot: :boot: :boot: :boot: :boot: :boot: :boot: :boot: :boot: Nice catch ' date=' it might have been too hard gaffing them out of the tinny :whistle: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh: :laugh::clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Posted Imagethats in one of those big plastc serving platesdidnt take a gaff , didnt expect'em that sizebrent

Nice going Brent, first reds in the tinny I assume? :)I ate my pb yesty with close mates including my main net man, tasted sweet with a few frothies to wash it down.Gotta see if I can get out asap for a late season attempt before I get my mechanical hat back on for winter projects

I know this is the BIGGEST Snapper thread... But I didnt think mine was worthy of a whole new thread so just for this one post can I make it a KATS FIRST (and second) SNAPPER?Mods: Feel free to move it if inappropriatePicture184.jpgPicture193.jpgthats a 2lt bottle of water haha And dont worry they went back :)The first was caught On my lil 2-4kgand here is the short vid that led up to the second one haha(i was playing with my new HD cam)

hahah too right! Bring It On.I now have this secret desire to catch sa's biggest land based snapp ha buts its a secret.

kat you have the best land based snapper spots in australia just down the road at whyalla. just need to ask right people to show you the way thats all. pop in to see wes or dave at the local sportsfishing scene there and they will point you into the right direction, if they give you nothing ill give you one.:fishing:
hahah too right! Bring It On.I now have this secret desire to catch sa's biggest land based snapp ha buts its a secret.
kat you have the best land based snapper spots in australia just down the road at whyalla. just need to ask right people to show you the way thats all. pop in to see wes or dave at the local sportsfishing scene there and they will point you into the right direction' date=' if they give you nothing ill give you one.:fishing:[/quote']Too right there srick...just have a chat to Rocknev...already taken a heap of SH members out on the rocks for some decent snaps...have a look at his pb from the rocks...awesome effort!