carp fillets for bait...yes or no

Hi I am a new member to this site and my first post is this: I saw on a program the other day that carp fillets can be a good alternative for fishing for mullaway and salmon from our beaches due to their oily and bloody attraction. As I am a regular visitor to the 90 mile beach at the Coorong I am always willing to try new things. Has anyone given these fillets a go and had any success? :unsure:

• 3 weeks later...

I have only recently been catching some carp. In doing so me and a good mate decided to try carp fillets as a bait out on the boat. To be honest the fishing was good, a copious amounts of silver whiting (just for fun) and a handful of legal King George whiting and a large Flathead to boot. I have not yet tried for Snapper etc, but rest assured I will be doing so in the near future. In light of the devistation to our waterways the carp is creating, what better way to reduce carp numbers and put them to good use.