Favourite Red stick!!!

Guest Butters

• 3 weeks later...

I dont do a lot of boat fishing, but when I do go in my brothers boat over to locations on YP, I take my Sabre 196/8,bit long at 8 ft for most boating situations.But he has a big Stabicraft so its great.But from the Tinny I have a 6ft Penn trigger grip matched up to a 6500 ABU that is great.Cheers {SMILIES_PATH}/cool.gif

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

for the boat....ugly stick.from memory BWB1104 i think....matched to an ABU 7000the rocks......14ft snyder-glas 8 wrap matched to an ALVEY 650C.also have a 15 fotter as well.....its a one piece rod and has some power in it....if ever i was hunting really huge fish,this is the rod i would use.....i will break before it does.... old school but unbeatable...sometimes the simple things in life ARE the best....

Sounds like the Silstar Crystal Tips are popular. {SMILIES_PATH}/wink.gif Drawn also has one that he uses for cod trolling. {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif I have a 7ft version which I match up with a 4500 Baitrunner, but I upgraded a few months ago to a 6'7" 2-piece Shimano T-Curve 5-10kg matched with a Caldia Kix 3000 loaded with 15lb Spiderwire Stealth. Light as buggery with the cork grips, especially compared to the Crystal Tip & chunky Baitrunner. The new stick also doubles as my cod trollin' rod. {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gifCheers,Wino

• 3 weeks later...
Guest fishum

Don't make me pick just one!196/6 Sabre-Shimano Calcutta 4008-15kg 7' Wilson Livefibre Texalium - Shimano Baitrunner 4500The real beast tamer though is a custom 5'6" Pacific composite - Shimano Charter Special

Your thoughts on the Texalium

The Texalium is a fantastic rod, albeit a fairly heavy combo when teamed with the baitrunner.It can take a pounding in the boat, is quite sensitive in the tip, but has a heap of grunt low down where it counts!I'm definately sold on them, and I've recently bought a lil 4kg 6'6" for the missus to use as a Whiting/gp rod, coz I know it can handle the flogging she's gonna give it, and it keeps her fingers off my graphites! {SMILIES_PATH}/wink.gifIn fact, I'm so confident in it's abilities, if you're considering one, I'll gladly let ya borrow it for a weekend to check it out for yaself.

I have a Texalium 6'6" 3-5kg stick with cork grips and it's a great rod for whiting/ruggers. I have matched it up with a Stradic 2500 and a Kix 3000 in the past and it was a well-weighted outfit. {SMILIES_PATH}/cool.gif They are as tough as nails and fully worth the $270-300 IMO. Cheers,Wino

Guest fishum

The Texalium is a fantastic rod, albeit a fairly heavy combo when teamed with the baitrunner.It can take a pounding in the boat, is quite sensitive in the tip, but has a heap of grunt low down where it counts!I'm definately sold on them, and I've recently bought a lil 4kg 6'6" for the missus to use as a Whiting/gp rod, coz I know it can handle the flogging she's gonna give it, and it keeps her fingers off my graphites! {SMILIES_PATH}/wink.gifIn fact, I'm so confident in it's abilities, if you're considering one, I'll gladly let ya borrow it for a weekend to check it out for yaself.

thanks for the offer but i already have one.just wanted to know what u thought
Guest fishum

I'm more than happy. What do YOU think?

Yeh same.Its an affordable rod with give and control..If that makes sense.Here's a picture of the first fish it caught with the mrs holding it..Posted Image

Posted by Ranger

Ahhh, wiv a dog ugly missus like that, now I can understand why ya do so much fishin!

Jeez Ranger its a wonder fishum's got anytime at all to fish. Me favourite is me 195-6T graphite butted Sabre----shimano 400 Calcutta.Jeez I'm finding it hard to concentratean adn and me real Best I mean Beast tamer is a shimano Beastmaster BL-1603 12-30lb High graphite content composite- 7000c black AbuHre's a photo, not quite as good as fishum's photo I guess niftrev size=851http://www.fishyorkepeninsula.com/images/attachments/85DpOKGv__snapps.jpg[/img]