Your favourite reel ???

My favorite O/H reel would have to be my charter special the reasoning behind this is where else can you buy lever drag with line guide for $170.00 or under some places even cheaper.What you get is an awesome light game reel that will catch mulloway,kingfish sharks and other toothy creatures with ease.With a small drag washer upgrade you will have a reel that stops a car and all for under $200 including drag upgrade [bargain] Plus these reels are indestructible worth every cent.My favorite spin reel would have to be my pflueger president/daiwa luvias and the ever faithful shimano baitrunner 6500 all are awesome reels..My first baitrunner was purchased when they retailed for $300 that was their first release and still has not missed a beat now I have a few more new models with infinite anti reverse for a all round spin reel the 6500 4500 or 3500 are not to be missed as nowadays they retail for a lot less around half the price...Any way these are my cherised reels what do you guys and girls love to use.{SMILIES_PATH}/huh.gif

Mine would be my ABU cardinal pro.My missus bought it for me 10 years or so ago , it was before its time, braid friendly ,smooth, great drag, and has outlasted several higher priced more fancy reels.Cant fault its longevity and performance in either fresh or salt.Surprised the heck out of me really how good it has been ,its just part of me whenever I go light spinning ect.Cheers {SMILIES_PATH}/cool.gifPosted ImagePosted ImagePosted Image

I've been using my calcutta 400b for everything in recent times.Surf, boat and jetty fishing and i can't fault it!Most of my reels have spare spools with a different pound line ( A cheaper way to make a few reels into many {SMILIES_PATH}/rolleyes.gif )When matched with the right line the reel casts like a dream, pulls a decent smooth drag, and is really low matinance when compared to some of my other O/H's.4 years ago I ummed and Ahh'ed about buying it, now i'm glad i did! {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gifAs for spinning reels, well a couple years ago i kinda gave up on throwing plastics for bream etc so i haven't upgraded to the latest gadgets, as i use the lighter gear for baits, or light surf fishing. obviously they get hammered a lot more than when say spinning the lake etc, so i stick to the budget shimano style reels...But kept in reasonable knick they still work fine,So they serve my purpose i guess {SMILIES_PATH}/smiley.gif

Hmmmmmmm, favourite reels, now thats a good one to think about, my first favoutite is a Penn Captiva CV4000, the first 2 times I used it we bagged out on whiting (72 ) so it has to be special.My next is a Okuma Stinson SI40, a nice little reel that is easy to use and handle, I also bagged out on KG's on it's maiden workout.My third and most recent favourite is a Jarvis Walker Freespooler 4000 which I bought from Compleat Angler in Wallaroo, just prior to Xmas, loaded it up with 50kg braid, went a Snapper hunting and caught my boat limit at Pt Hughes, with her first two outings, so I have to be more than pleased with first up efforts of breaking them in.Mind you, if they dont perform next time out, it will be another set of favourite reels I will be talking about.[/color:ekvjuo76]