Guest Butters

I reckon that is a giant catfish.. They had an article in FHM where this fella (who looked like Tom Hanks in Castaway) was showing ppl how to catch them just using your bare hands... {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif

That fish is what is known as a Wels Catfish, commonly caught over europe.By the looks of it that one was caught in Ebro spain, the other famous spot for them is the River Sohne in France.They row out livebaits up to 5lb carp, in a small boat, apparently very tough dogged fighters.Cheers {SMILIES_PATH}/cool.gif

Guest Butters

I have also seen a video on these guys chasing them.. using live eels as baits and using a technique called plonking (i think) were they hit a wooden tool into the water making a sound that attracts the catfish to the surface, then when they hook up its a wrestle on heavy line getting towed around...

• 3 weeks later...

I have also seen a video on these guys chasing them.. using live eels as baits and using a technique called plonking (i think) were they hit a wooden tool into the water making a sound that attracts the catfish to the surface, then when they hook up its a wrestle on heavy line getting towed around...

I saw this doco late one night where these kids would go out in canoes with halfed coconut shells on a piece of bamboo and when you jingle it under the water all the bronzies would rush to the surface where they would spear them and bring these sharks onto their canoes. These sharks looked quite big too.
  • 6 months later...
Guest undertaker

I saw those Alligator Gar at San Diego SeaWorld a few years ago.They are the meanest looking things that I reckon you'd see anywhere.....other than the mother-in-law ::)We saw half a dozen,between 5 and 7 feet long,behind 2" of perspex,at eye level..........scary stuff indeed!