Not Salmon or Snapper yet!!!!

i did the cooking.. you can do the cleaning ;) shame that rule didint apply to saturday nighst dinner... just finishing up the kicthen mess now!Mines a bit smaller than yours SW, can fit about 30 ST fillets in there at a time. Try the hickory mix. very tastee!!!i gotta try some chicken wings.,. hmmmmm marinated and smoked.. would be interesting. how long did you smoke the chicken/turkey for?

Sandy if you marinade nice meaty chicken wings in a weakish brine mix then lightly baste them in sweet chilli sauce then smoke them they come up magnificent.The butcher at warooka sells them and I am pretty sure thats the way he does them.They are absolutely superb.Cheers B)

Cal wrote:

Sandy if you marinade nice meaty chicken wings in a weakish brine mix then lightly baste them in sweet chilli sauce then smoke them they come up magnificent.The butcher at warooka sells them and I am pretty sure thats the way he does them.They are absolutely superb.Cheers B)

Mmmmm that does sound yummy..Iv got alot to experiment with. Thanks Cal.. :)

sandy. there are larger metho burners available. check out some out doors shops and camping shops. as metho burners are used in a lot of camp stoves etc. 3hrs does seem a long time. but it would of been heavier work than a few ST fillets. i only bought the small one as i had only intended to smoke smaller fillets.. but... im now starting to get a hankering for smoked stind ray wings.. hmmmmmSofty... next weekend.. Ray fishing.. we gonna keep one!

Yea It was a bit of a pain in the Butt .. Id like a bigger one, will do Del..Ill have a scout tomorrow In saying that though I was surprised that it didn't really take long for the smoker to heat and belt out smoke..Just replacing the metho and keeping an eye on it so it didn't cool off..But for the size I'd like a bigger burner.

Hi sandy here is a brine mix 1 ltr water cup brown sugar or pinaple juice this will help with colour when smoking. Salt is added as well 1cup will make a light brine the old way was to keep adding salt till a fresh egg floated in the brine this was around 65%salt solution. leave wings and fillets in brine no longer than about 30-45 minutes . cheers Mark

Let's you you have plenty of Salmon and Snaps for that smoker!!I love my smoker, I'm not keen on "fishy" tasting fish so this opens out a whole new world.Tommies are great - nice and oily.Not managed to nab any Salmon yet for it.Snapper is out of this world - on the bigger fellas smoke the Wings.Best sawdust to get is the one from Angler's Choice - made from the old wine barrels - cheaper too!

bma wrote:

Hi sandy here is a brine mix 1 ltr water cup brown sugar or pinaple juice this will help with colour when smoking. Salt is added as well 1cup will make a light brine the old way was to keep adding salt till a fresh egg floated in the brine this was around 65%salt solution. leave wings and fillets in brine no longer than about 30-45 minutes . cheers Mark

Cheers for that Mark.. :) Yer looking forward to putting a snapper in there, good room too ;) Thanks for all the tips :)