GPS MARKS in south Aust.Small Book/over 450 Marks

I previously asked you if Mapsource supported datum metadata. Don't believe I have seen your reply?

So are YOU saying Mapsource GDB files supports datum metadata?

FYI the following is the metadata (and 1st waypoint) from this file. Would you like me to explain what metadata is?BTW you do not need Mapsource to read mapsource files but the issue is YOU being able to guarantee the datum as you claim. I doubt you know enough about Mapsource to support your claim? Garmin International2009-03-04T02:27:50Z Deal Island LightstationShort TowerSymbolAndNameFishing / Bait
  • Replies 84
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I have small book with over 450 GPS MARKS ; 12, Edithburgh ; 5, Port Giles ; 12, Stansbery ; 21, Ardrossan ; 15, Middle Beach ; 5, Port Gawler ; 5, St. Kilda ; 9, Out Harbour ; 12, Semaphore ; 9, Gran

I did open my biggggg mouth , did I . Here Go ! , It Mentions mainly Whiting and snapper , I anm sure there are other fish there.I will start with ;St Kilda ; Chapanman Creek S.34'41.635-E.138'25.998

Fishie wrote: Sorry Fishie , I didnt now you could still get copys of the book . Thank to Range I now no there are stil copys of the book out there ,I will not put any more on Post .If there is any wa

As mentioned previously if somebody is going to go to the trouble of putting something up then why not do it right Why do people accept less than 100%? Is it because they don't understand or don't want to understand?So far have seen the same sin duplicated in the same thread and as for the second time around, totally inexcusable.There are many little hints in much of this (stating agd94 is but one) that continues to highlight people's lack of understanding with much of this, yet they continue to try and justify a general lacking.

GNSS wrote:

yet they continue to try and justify a general lacking.

The only justification I can see in ALL of this thread is that done by yourself to justify the dribble above. I think like myself most dont really care for it and simply appreciate the effort by Gardy & Watersnake to share a few co-ordinates. Nobody will live or die by them so mate move on from your petty pandering about how accurate or otherwise these are. Geez & I thought I had too much time to myself :dry: YIKES! :blink:
gardy wrote:

My very last post in this threadAGD 94Australian Geomatric Data 1994 so get ova it :P

Again you continue to provide evidence you really do not understand what you are talking about. What is even worse is others trying to support you and that is sad.Now lets see if you have the ability to accept some advice?

AGD 94 - Australian Geomatric Data 1994

There has never been anything such thing as AGD 94 - Australian Geomatric Data 1994. Let me list them for youWGS60 - World Geodetic System 1960AGD66 - Australain Geodetic Datum 1966WGS72 - World Geodetic System 1972AGD84 - Australian Geodetic Datum 1984WGS84 - World Geodetic System 1984GDA94 - Geocentric Datum of Australia 1994As well as a few Clark 1858 marine charts still in the indexeAs for AGD94, No such thing.
coonta kinta wrote:

GNSS wrote:

yet they continue to try and justify a general lacking.

The only justification I can see in ALL of this thread is that done by yourself to justify the dribble above. I think like myself most dont really care for it and simply appreciate the effort by Gardy & Watersnake to share a few co-ordinates. Nobody will live or die by them so mate move on from your petty pandering about how accurate or otherwise these are. Geez & I thought I had too much time to myself :dry: YIKES! :blink:

Nobody will live or die by them so mate move on from your petty pandering about how accurate or otherwise these are.

This is really where some start to show a complete ignorance to the issue.FYI my friend there has already been fatalities based on the use incorrect of GPS, incorrect GPS data and/or mapping data.So yes can understand why you might make a statement such as that, you really don't know any better. It shows.
AC Hardfronts wrote:

better give these GPS marks a miss then... Semi reef maybe potentially fatal for me if its the wrong datum!!!

And the comparison based on 1 (one only) mark is what ??? So does that one mark translate to ALL the others?NO of course it doesn't but then you miss the whole point of the issue entirely don't you? Why doesn't that surprise me?

This is the last post :P so that you can see agd / gda is used as the rest have said who cares :kiss: Company: Blue Marble GeographicsIndustry: GIS Software ProductsLocation: Gardiner, ME, United States of America Blue Marble is pleased to announce new version releases of Geographic Calculator 6.0 and Geographic Transformer 5.0 with a special focus on the Australian and New Zealand mapping community.At Blue Marble we pride ourselves on listening to the needs of our customers, no matter where in the world they may be working.New geodetic definitions now include: · AusGEOID 1998 model · GEOID 1999 model · Eckert IV and VI world projections · Australian Geodetic Datum 1966 (AGD66 to GDA94 using NTv2) · Australian Geodetic Datum 1984 (AGD84 to GDA94 using NTv2) · Geocentric Datum of Australia 1994 (AGD94) · New Zealand Geodetic Datum 1949 (NZGD49 to NZGD00) · New Zealand Geodetic Datum 2000