any good snapper spots for newby off sullies

Guest AC Hardfronts

Guest AC Hardfronts

Best thing you could do is get a list of known GPS marks from out Sullies then start fishing them, start working them out. Can have the best marks around, but you still gotta work out how and when to fish em.. Nothing good comes easy! bitta work is needed.

You'll get good sized ruggers out from Edwards Street at Brighton at this time of year... head close in and motor out till you hit the reefy bottom. Try late in the arvo on the last of the tide. Same goes for the Seacliff Reef further out or close in front of the Marino Fish and Chip Shop at Marino or the reefy stuff around the BlackbirdBest time is on a full moon, calm weather and dirty waterUse fish flesh for bait and plenty of berleyI could be more specific with spots but the best part of fishing is the hunt and then the capture!!

I would've thought 30km offshore was a tad too far for a new boatie. You'd need all of the safety gear such as EPIRB, parachute flares etc. The waters offshore from O'Sullies Ramp can be extremely rough as the swell pushes straight up the middle of Investigator Straight from the Southern Ocean whilst that swell mixes with tidal movement and sea coming into the Gulf from Backstairs Passage. I wouldn't recommend anyone venturing out that far unless they had a reasonable sized boat and experience to handle their boat in rough waters

NAAAAAH!! all too hard mate, sell the boat, join SAFWAA and I'll put you on to the best eating fish in the whole wide world. :woohoo: :silly: :silly: Oh! by the way, here's a Karma point for sheer, raw un-expurgated nerve :woohoo: you deserve to catch your first snapper with that amount of "edge" mate ;)PS see you at work tomorrow ;)

Spots aren't hard to find in that area, the whole area is full of reef.Out the front of the cliffs at seaford is reefy, same with moana beach and christies around 10-15m of water is fine.Don't be too particular about finding a certain "lump" etc just look for some rough broken bottom with bit of life showing on the sounder. Berley up at the top of the tide, and keep it going during the runout tide to make a nice trail.Fish unweighted or if the tide is ripping just enough to keep your bait down, running sinker rig. Pillies, sauries or my favourite whole gar for bait.You won't get many huge fish but I have bagged out many a time using this method on good sized ruggers.

G'Day Fusion , Has your boat got GPS ? If so Try Pro's Ground S.35'02.194-E.138'29.411 Broken Bottom, Snapper,whiting off Marino The Barge is out a ways S.35'.07.012-E. 138'24.122 . I will post more as I can , on the gps posting , I put some already.If you dont know the boat I would not be going to far out on first trip.Wish i could join you Watersnake