2-4 kilo graphite rod

its sort of 20 dollars either side of 100 but it will be my first so it doesnt have to be top quality to start with ill eventually get a better one ive recently spent almost a grand on a wilson surf rod and penn reel and new reels for my other rods in the last coupla months and ive got a broken leg so no income coming in at the moment im keen to get a flick stick tho just to hone my lure and soft plastics skills(which are minimal) ;)

reelin wrote:

is that sfs at o halloran hill? i get nearly all my tackle through anglers choice but i cant get out at the moment so i dont know whats around

Reelin i got my Raider from Mark at Anglers Choice for around the money you want to spend. I picked up the travel rod ( 3 piece 6'6" from memory but know they do a 1 piece 7 ft for similar money. Give scotty a call to see what they stock.Great little rods used by many people for bream and fresh.

shimano catana 701 is a nice light stick i have the 702 (2 piece) and it has done me well for the short time ive had it. i am using a 1000 shimano reel with the rear drag reel cost me $20 from compleat angler just check my avatar pic for a look at my set up.oh im not sure how much the rod cost as a bloody good mate bought it for me coz he was sick of me using $20 cheapo heavy crap 2-4kg rods whenever we chased yellow fin whiting (losing most fish and missing most bites) i think i saw a spot on ad that had the same rod out for about $90

Ive got an shimano ET 7ft soft plastics rod bought it for $50 i reckon at big w, and i love it, its got a okuma quadrant 1000 reel and ive hooked up to some pretty big fish with it its nice and light and has a great feel and action to it.But however im planing on getting an ATC rod and rovex 1500 reel just gotta have funds to make this happen :)Brayden

I have just put one one layby a 7 ft 1 piece 2-4 kilo it seems pretty good its from anglers choice as well. 1onme pillie i have seen a photo of a massive fish in anglers (choice cant remember wat it was) caught by a atc baitcaster i think from what i hear they are a pretty decent rod