Reference to AGD94 - Attention

Guest GNSS

With regard the recent discussion (quote attached below) and subsequent insistence by some that AGD94 was/is correct based on quotes below, Blue Marble Geographics have now reviewed all their products/documentation and removed all references to the incorrect terminology AGD94 and has now been replaced with GDA94.So now you can see AGD94 is not used (no such datum) and thanks to Blue Marble for correcting this issue.

This is the last post so that you can see agd / gda is used as the rest have said who cares Company: Blue Marble GeographicsIndustry: GIS Software ProductsLocation: Gardiner, ME, United States of America Blue Marble is pleased to announce new version releases of Geographic Calculator 6.0 and Geographic Transformer 5.0 with a special focus on the Australian and New Zealand mapping community.At Blue Marble we pride ourselves on listening to the needs of our customers, no matter where in the world they may be working.New geodetic definitions now include: · AusGEOID 1998 model · GEOID 1999 model · Eckert IV and VI world projections · Australian Geodetic Datum 1966 (AGD66 to GDA94 using NTv2) · Australian Geodetic Datum 1984 (AGD84 to GDA94 using NTv2) · Geocentric Datum of Australia 1994 (AGD94) · New Zealand Geodetic Datum 1949 (NZGD49 to NZGD00) · New Zealand Geodetic Datum 2000

GNSS wrote:

With regard the recent discussion (quote attached below) and subsequent insistence by some that AGD94 was/is correct based on quotes below, Blue Marble Geographics have now reviewed all their products/documentation and removed all references to the incorrect terminology AGD94 and has now been replaced with GDA94.So now you can see AGD94 is not used (no such datum) and thanks to Blue Marble for correcting this issue.

This is the last post so that you can see agd / gda is used as the rest have said who cares Company: Blue Marble GeographicsIndustry: GIS Software ProductsLocation: Gardiner, ME, United States of America Blue Marble is pleased to announce new version releases of Geographic Calculator 6.0 and Geographic Transformer 5.0 with a special focus on the Australian and New Zealand mapping community.At Blue Marble we pride ourselves on listening to the needs of our customers, no matter where in the world they may be working.New geodetic definitions now include: · AusGEOID 1998 model · GEOID 1999 model · Eckert IV and VI world projections · Australian Geodetic Datum 1966 (AGD66 to GDA94 using NTv2) · Australian Geodetic Datum 1984 (AGD84 to GDA94 using NTv2) · Geocentric Datum of Australia 1994 (AGD94) · New Zealand Geodetic Datum 1949 (NZGD49 to NZGD00) · New Zealand Geodetic Datum 2000

DUDE GET OVER IT....NO ONE CARES

So dude are you prepared to accept and believe blindly something that doesn't exist?The whole principle here is eradicating the BS and crap so people loose this continuing notion and actually get things right.Do you have a problem with getting things right? or perhaps you are into supporting issues that are incorrect and only confuse. Obviously there is some confusion as has been recently highlighted. One source of this confusion has now been rectified by people who understand the issue and accept the correct details.At least the Blue Marble people listened and understand the issue and made the appropriate changes.

Honestly some people here need to be a little more accepting of the difference between what is wrong and what is not.Stupid comments about totally unrelated matters only highlight those that can not accept this issue or would prefer to argue the point.I am more than happy to discuss the point and the issues for those who do not or can not understand the issue.

:blink: :S :silly: I'm as crazy as a cocconut :woohoo: No its true. Easter bunny is real, I know I saw him running behind a bush when I was out looking for the chocolate eggs he leaves for us around the month of April. I know for sure that Father Christmas is real also because I see him every year ride into town with his reindeer.SHIT :ohmy: ......I just realised something......should I forward this onto him so he wont get lost :dry:
GNSS wrote:

I am more than happy to discuss the point and the issues for those who do not or can not understand the issue.

Your right GNSS,100% correct,no argument from me never has been.What i will say as i have in past posts is that 99.9% of people would exchange marks with the understanding that the mark is wgs 84.If most of us got a mark from someone else and it was another datum and we were not told so you would call the bloke a dickhead for not stating so.If i was getting a mark from an unknown source and it didn't state which datum i would take that mark with a grain of salt.Once on the water(if i ever bothered to use said mark) it looked like a feature less spot i might change datums and check there,if it still looked like a dud then stiff cheese and it has only cost me a bit of time.(much like responding to this post)I take and accept your point of view on this matter but its much like getting a land mark from someone and someone else has cut down the tree that lined up over the end of the jetty,bad luck and what can you do.Most of us don't need to know who cut down the tree? and what happened to the wood? and where is that possum going to sleep?No doubt you will totally disagree with most if not all of my thoughts on the subject but that will put you in the .01% cheers brenton

Brenton,No I don't really disagree with you.I do however believe that there can be quite a difference between what people understand and in some instances what the reality actually is. From my point of view what we don't need is something that simply does not exist that adds confusion to the issue. It would be very easy to think it might be AGD84 and thinking arh well they simply typed an 8 incorectly.All references to AGD94 must be corrected then we can deal with what is left.

Geeezz GNSS I don’t think I would like to see what you do behind your bedroom door with your handheld gps at night time :woohoo: Re the semi mark in the other thread Just becoz its not the same as your doesn’t mean the datum is wrongIt clearly says north semi so if I were you I would stop playing with myself and go out and have a look and drop a line and you may get a fish or 2 and like has been sed B4GET OVA IT :kiss:

GNSSI understand what you’re saying, but I can’t understand why you are having a go at people posting gps marksIf someone is good enough to post some marks in most cases its wgs84 And if it’s not for some reason you should be still in the ball park away Have a sound around and if you find there is not reef or ledge or better still no fish! right the mark off as crap This is about people willing to share marks and you are not off to a good start

The post has appeared to have run its course, those that understand are obvious, those that don't understand stand out a mile and all we can do with these people is point out where they have things wrong. This I believe has been done.This could go on but I doubt will serve any other purpose than to attract stupid and meaningless comments from those who obviously have no idea either.But just for Shane's sake this is not so much about posting GPS marks but people insisting and using a datum such as AGD94, no such datum exists yet some people have trouble understanding this, simply does not exist. So if people want to share marks, fine, just make sure they know the datum, make sure you know the datum and if anybody ever suggests something like AGD94, in person, in print or on any web site what so ever then give them a wide berth as they have absolutely no idea what they are talking about.

GNSSI've got NFI what the issue is either.i have 1000's & 1000's of gps marks on hand written pages.some can not be read, some are wrong. theres lots of WGS84 & AUS66 but not 1 of them in in AGD94.i can find my spots & have no issues with guys finding spots that i have given them.i'm too fat already for popcorn? :huh:

gardy wrote:

GNSS Insted of sending people like my self abusive emails put it out here were everbody cab c wot you like saying behinh there baks ok

Abusive emails? Then you obviously don't know the difference with these either. I had finished with this subject but since you have made the invitation then I am more than happy to oblige

Thankfully Blue Marble have a professional approach, listen to people who know what they are talking about and fixed the rubbish your were quoting. Frankly buddy that's all that matters and you don't have any more rubbish to try and justify something you have no hope of justifying anyway. Next time before you open your mouth just make sure you understand what you are talking about. That would be a big improvement in your approach.

gardy wrote:

Geeezz GNSS I don’t think I would like to see what you do behind your bedroom door with your handheld gps at night time :woohoo: Re the semi mark in the other thread Just becoz its not the same as your doesn’t mean the datum is wrongIt clearly says north semi so if I were you I would stop playing with myself and go out and have a look and drop a line and you may get a fish or 2 and like has been sed B4GET OVA IT :kiss:

Buddy it is well and truely established the datum you have been quoting is completely wrong.And a "north semi" is what?Maybe there might be more to helping you understand than I thought?
GNSS wrote:

gardy wrote:

Buddy it is well and truely established the datum you have been quoting is completely wrong.And a "north semi" is what?Maybe there might be more to helping you understand than I thought?
i sometimes get a semi if im watching a hot movie...eh ...hang on... never mind....
bigash wrote:

GNSSI've got NFI what the issue is either.i have 1000's & 1000's of gps marks on hand written pages.some can not be read, some are wrong. theres lots of WGS84 & AUS66 but not 1 of them in in AGD94.i can find my spots & have no issues with guys finding spots that i have given them.i'm too fat already for popcorn? :huh:

but not 1 of them in in AGD94

That's good and nor should there be either, this AGD94 thing is a bad misrepresentation and misunderstanding by anybody who thinks there is such a thing. Carry on as you are but if you see the term used anywhere you can confidently tell them they don't know what they are on about.

For those that are wonderingCurrent national mapping in Australia uses the Australian Map Grid 1966 (AMG66) and 1984 (AMG84), which are projections of geographical coordinates from the Australian Geodetic Datum 1966 (AGD66) and 1984 (AGD84) respectively, see NMC (1986). A change from the AGD66 and AGD84 to the Geocentric Datum of Australia (GDA) was recommended at the inaugural meeting of the Inter-governmental Committee on Surveying and Mapping in July 1988 (ICSM, 1990, 1991a, 1991b). This new earth-centred datum will be used for future mapping and nautical charting of Australia and its offshore islands. The establishment of the GDA is now proceeding, with its nation-wide adoption recommended at the turn of the century (Manning and Harvey, 1994). As such, there will be a transition from current AGD geographical coordinates to GDA geographical coordinates, and likewise for easting and northing. This will manifest as a horizontal difference between AGD and GDA ground coordinates of approximately 200-metres over continental Australia. The implementation of the GDA will be progressive from 1994, with a varying pace of transition depending upon user demand. The adoption of the GDA will enable the production of a homogeneous series of Australian maps and nautical charts which will meet international navigation requirements. However, this change will also have far-reaching implications for the users and producers of maps and spatial information systems in Australia. These people will need to become conversant with the respective datums, acronyms, and their transformation, in order to deal with the coordinate sets that they will inevitably encounter. Appendix A lists the acronyms used in association with Australian datums.

And to GNSSit's GDM Datum from the MXT Format established last month with 0.0004 decimals to alleviate moronistic disparity. Use of this system will dissipate bugs that have previously attempted to thwart attempts to make the system comprehensible to lay persons without duplication of jargon that falsely represents artificial intellect for no useful purpose other than the self gratification of tw@ts :kiss:

gardy wrote:

For those that are wonderingCurrent national mapping in Australia uses the Australian Map Grid 1966 (AMG66) and 1984 (AMG84), which are projections of geographical coordinates from the Australian Geodetic Datum 1966 (AGD66) and 1984 (AGD84) respectively, see NMC (1986). A change from the AGD66 and AGD84 to the Geocentric Datum of Australia (GDA) was recommended at the inaugural meeting of the Inter-governmental Committee on Surveying and Mapping in July 1988 (ICSM, 1990, 1991a, 1991b). This new earth-centred datum will be used for future mapping and nautical charting of Australia and its offshore islands. The establishment of the GDA is now proceeding, with its nation-wide adoption recommended at the turn of the century (Manning and Harvey, 1994). As such, there will be a transition from current AGD geographical coordinates to GDA geographical coordinates, and likewise for easting and northing. This will manifest as a horizontal difference between AGD and GDA ground coordinates of approximately 200-metres over continental Australia. The implementation of the GDA will be progressive from 1994, with a varying pace of transition depending upon user demand. The adoption of the GDA will enable the production of a homogeneous series of Australian maps and nautical charts which will meet international navigation requirements. However, this change will also have far-reaching implications for the users and producers of maps and spatial information systems in Australia. These people will need to become conversant with the respective datums, acronyms, and their transformation, in order to deal with the coordinate sets that they will inevitably encounter. Appendix A lists the acronyms used in association with Australian datums.

This quote is so ancient it occured last century so no, no one should be wondering anymore. Actually National Mapping (NMC) has not been around since 1988. The change to GDA occured on Jan 1, 2000, well over 9 years ago.AGD66 was gazetted on October 6, 1966, AGD84 was gazetted in October 1984 both based on the same Australian National Spheroid (ANS), GAD94 was gazetted September 6, 1995 based on GRS80. Both AGD66 and AGD84 will become extinct in due course. There are no other AGD associated datums other than AGD66 and AGD84.So yes GDA94 has been official for well over 9 years and all new products are GDA94 (MGA94) which stands for the Geocentric Datum of Australia 1994 (Map Grid of Australia 1994).There should be no confusion with the Geocentric Datum of Australia 1994 (GDA94 / MGA94) and other claimed unrelated acronyms.
SandyWhiting wrote:

Posted ImageYaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawn, you have made your bloody point, give it a rest now...

NO that's not a point that is simply a REPLY, there is a difference. Perhaps you were thinking about someone else?