Fishing in Katherine N.T.

stu83 wrote:

After information on the Fishing in and around Katherine N.T., heading up end of the week!Pointers / Spots anyone ???

Have only ever heard of 1 large lake up there mate, and apparently not much in it either :huh: Isnt there a large Gorge running through that area though ?http://www.google.com/search?q=Katherine+fishing+&rls=com.microsoft:en-au:IE-SearchBox&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&sourceid=ie7&rlz=1I7GGIK_en

you'd think there would be barra in the katherine george for sure, after all the crock gotta eat something. There only fresh water crocks too. iv'e heard you can hire kyaks. but the best way would be to ring a local, thats what i do if i'm going somewhere iv'e never been before.Seem to have a recollection of malcom douglas catching em' in there.

Katherine Gorge has Barra.Basically, heres the rule. If you find water that is conected to the sea in some form or another (ie wet season), BARRA LIVE THERE!We used to catch Barra (lots)300km inland.Seek, and you WILL find.Tough time of year though. Fish 8 am and 4 pm. :)