WEST LAKES COUNCIL

YES BUTTERS!!! I too have a park directly opposite and have endured all the things u listed, but of course we have no idea, ha!Despite the probs ive had i dont begrudge anyone quitely enjoying the park whatever time of day and night, regardless of who they are or if they are even local residents.There are two main problems here for KIMO one is the Inability to separate two different issues, the other is having a fundamental lack of respect for the opinions of others by branding them 'loud mouth fools' and the like. I for one know my opinion was presented in a careful and understanding manner, with consideration for KIMOS experiences and even an invitation to start a new post. Im also sure that everyone else got that!

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

MullyI happen to know the deputy mayor of charles sturt council, Ill have a word to him about the tosser rent a cops that they call rangers. give me a pm on the night and location so that I can pass i

RELAX I do not report things to councils, and besides the attitude displayed here indicates that you will bring about your own downfall and unfortunately spoil it for a lot of others .I leave with the all important message that you have all continuously excused and dodged around THERE ARE AREAS THAT YOU ARE ALOUD TO FISH AND THERE ARE AREAS THAT YOU ARE NOT.REGARDLESS OF WHERE THEY ARE OR WEATHER THERE IS ATIQUATE SIGNAGE OR NOT IF YOU ARE ASKED TO MOVE ON IT IS BECAUSE YOU ARE NOT DESIRED WHERE YOU ARE.if THERE IS NO SIGNAGE THERE IS ALWAY A POSIBILITY THAT IT WAS REMOVED BY SOMEONE WITH SIMULAR ATTATUDE AS HAS BEEN POSTED HERE.On thing is almost certain Mullys secret spot will most likely get signage after his refusal to move on without it. GOOD MOVE MULLYIM MOVING ON KIMO

• 2 months later...
Guest fishum

Interesting read.I see things this way.If a sign is displayed that states no fishing within 3 or 6 meters then you must abide by that and you don?t have an argument to win.If no sign is displayed then that changes things and heres an example.I can?t remember the guys name but this true storey goes back quite a few years.This guy would park his car in various places around town and every time he would get a parking ticket which he never paid,so it ended up in court.Well he probably was in court somewhere 50-100 times and won the case every time and never paid a cent..Why ??One way is to find a sign that states ?no parking or standing ?with an arrow pointing some direction.But know where can you see a sign at the other end pointing back in your direction stating the same thing and this is what was the dispute put in to court that got him off every time..Are you catching my drift.Back to fishing,you need to have a close look around what signage is displayed and work from that to know if you can get things working in your favor and the courts to win..No sign no worry.Being asked to move on the way you were was harsh as no signs were displayed to what distance.Now what would of happened if you put your fishing gear back into the car and walked back to the waters edge and just stood there admiring the view just to p**s them off..Could they have tried to hand out a fine then or try this bully stand over thing with you..lolI know you is you me is me and we have different ways of thinking especially when you get someone pushy and standing over you.Once putting the gear back into the car i would have then tested there IQ by just sitting on the bonnet and having a drink or smoke,they can't do anything as i'm not fishing any more.

I had many problems with the council down a west lakes, ive just resorted to buying a kayak so i can fish where ever i want and not get bothered {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif

mate, thats what i thought at first too. Until at the AKFF Annual Bream Comp, several of us had our photos taken by one particular ass---- telling us to bugger off his property. Apparently he reckoned as his prperty only extended 3 m to the edge of the walkway, he owned 3m of water.

I'd be checking with the Charles Sturt Council, get an update on the rules/by-laws. These may have changed or conversley may NOT even be legislation. If what occured is as stated it definately reeks of intimidation particularly when no Law was cited nor by what authority these Goons act on. Some-one is "Sanctioning" this but who and by what right???If there is legislation and authority supporting their actions I would have thought they would need to call the Police to move you or show you their "Authority to Arrest" and state the Legislation under which you were "offending".Again, if the actions were as stated then in my opinon you would have a case for Assault & Intimidation, the way the torches use is described would probably constitute "Assault"Other than that, what is the point of having a Lake if it can't be used in a responsible manner by a responsible person??

I have fished West Lakes for the best part of 30yrs and have never been moved on by the Charles Sturt Council - once I was told by Lake Patrol that I was fish'n too close to the foot bridge on Corcoran Drive, but it was honestly a matter of a metre or two and when I asked the dude whether he had a tape measure on him, I was allowed to continue fish'n where I was. ::) :-\I am lucky to have a friend that resides in units at Tennyson on Military Rd and she allows me to fish from her pontoon. Over the years I have taken the time to talk to the residents along the main section of this strip from near the south-west end of the Lake, to the nearest beach to the north (Sculler's I think it is), and all bar ONE has allowed me to fish in front of their properties. I take the time to explain what sort of fish'n I'm doing and make a point of mentioning that, a) I do not use bagged-up bait, and; B) that all fish lured and landed from under their pontoons are released BACK where they came from. I think that if we all took the time to have a chat to residents and explain the luring game to them and assure them that no rubbish will be left and no fish will be kept - a lot of residents feed the fish under their pontoons and almost consider them pets - I think that will go to some lengths to 'mend' the relationship between angler (instances of rubbish being left behind by dickheads! >:() and resident and hopefully allow the two to co-exist a little more harmoniously.. {SMILIES_PATH}/wink.gif And for the record, the only resident (for use of a better word.. ::){SMILIES_PATH}/angry.gif:(" title="Angry" />) who opposed us fish'n near his property was the reclusive lurker situated in the end unit, closest to the beach! He never uttered a word when 3 of us peppered his pontoon with casts and caught & released 10 fish from under it the week before (despite watching the whole scenario unfold, glaring from behind his kitchen window.. {SMILIES_PATH}/rolleyes.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/cheesy.gif), but thought he'd try and intimidate me by approaching me and verbally attacking me while I was fish'n alone the week after.. {SMILIES_PATH}/undecided.gif Rightly or wrongly, the tool copped the best verbal spray I had dished out in some time, and he retreated to the safety of his abode.. {SMILIES_PATH}/undecided.gif I now avoid fishing there - I refuse to be put into situations where I may be forced to physically harm intellictually-challenged individuals, it's just not right.. {SMILIES_PATH}/tongue.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/wink.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/cheesy.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif That was one unfortunate incident in 30yrs. I encourage you to speak to the residents of the areas which you may fish/might be thinking of fish'n. Most people are fine with us bream lurers. Like anyone, they refuse to put up with tools who disrespect them and/or their properties, and fair enough too! It's hard for the Council to move you on if you have express permission from the owners of the private land to fish in front of it. {SMILIES_PATH}/wink.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gifCheers,Wino

I think that if we all took the time to have a chat to residents and explain the luring game to them and assure them that no rubbish will be left and no fish will be kept - a lot of residents feed the fish under their pontoons and almost consider them pets - I think that will go to some lengths to 'mend' the relationship between angler (instances of rubbish being left behind by dickheads! {SMILIES_PATH}/angry.gif:(" title="Angry" />) and resident and hopefully allow the two to co-exist a little more harmoniously.. {SMILIES_PATH}/wink.gif I encourage you to speak to the residents of the areas which you may fish/might be thinking of fish'n. Most people are fine with us bream lurers. Like anyone, they refuse to put up with tools who disrespect them and/or their properties, and fair enough too!

BINGO!!! My thoughts exactly! {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gifRec fisho's are as a whole seen in a very poor light, and we have no-one but ourselves to blame!For far too long we've been considered a loud, drunken, useless, polluting rabble who cause trouble, leave crap laying around, rape the waters and disturb residents!Is it any wonder people complain about this sorta behaviour?Those of us who frequent websites and are committed to this sport, of course behave in an entirely different manner, but we are still tarred with the same brush.I believe it's important for US, the RESPONSIBLE anglers to promote our image as a whole. To be polite, open and friendly. To respect residents and the environment.By US letting everyone know that we too are offended by poor behaviour, it will help to lift our image, and let the general populus know that recreational fishermen are also responsible members of the community, who play their own part to clean up the area, monitor the area, and work to protect what we ALL value.It doesn't take long to say a friendly hello, and explain what we are doing. When people see that we have similar ideas to their own, and that we are causing no harm, their attitudes change!Sure, this wont change the council's stance, but getting residents and locals onside will go a long way to helping ourselves!Remember, we have a "recreational fisherman's code of conduct" let OTHERS know about this, and the steps WE take to live by it!Puffing up your chest in confrontation will not help, but a polite word and quick explanation will go a long way to defusing a potentially explosive situation.Imagine what would happen if WE organised a clean-up day, and invited local residents to come join US in caring for the environment THEY live in? I'm certain the local paper would run a story on it, it'd give us a chance to chat openly with residents, and build bridges for the future, to show everyone that rec fishermen aren't the environmental vandals we are portrayed as, but are in fact responsible, caring and approachable members of the community!We could hold a bbq afterwards, even use it as fundraising, show the residents what we actually do, and even let them have a quick flick to see what it's all about if they're interested to give it a go!Geez, what would the council have to say if local residents then wanted fishermen in the area, coz they know the fishermen are looking out for the area, protecting property, and reporting any poor behaviour themselves. As rec fisheremen WE have eyes everywhere, and we carry mobile phones to alert authorities to illegal or suspicious activities!Or am I just living in fairyland? {SMILIES_PATH}/huh.gif

Yep, agree with those comments and I wouldn't want to fish where I wasn't welcome either but I hate "Big Brother" attitudes too. So what is the By-Law/Legislation these "Security" guys are enforcing and by what Authority, has anyone got any firm details on this Eg:- what offence is being committed??

I have been chattered a few times, if i was sitting there drinking and leaving bait bags and cans around while being rowdy fair enough... But i was walking with just my lure bag and having a flick then moving on causeing no disturbence to anyone, then a knob in a boat " LAKE PATROL" threatened me with a $150 dollar fine and i wasn't even fishing infront of any houses. just another way for councils to make money >:({SMILIES_PATH}/angry.gif:(" title="Angry" /> Sambo

Guest fishum
For far too long we've been considered a loud, drunken, useless, polluting rabble who cause trouble, leave crap laying around, rape the waters and disturb residents!Or am I just living in fairyland? {SMILIES_PATH}/huh.gif rangerErr fairylandIf ya gonna talk about me then get the words right:For far too long we've been considered a loud, drunken, useless, polluting rabble who cause trouble, leave crap laying around,disturb the waters and rape residents!

Have never been hassled myself at the lake.Almost been run over by the garbage truck once or twice when they drive on the footpath/Grass.Of course I don't really stay in one spot too long being a Fly guy and I don't leave any trace of me behind.Have seen the shit left behind by bait guys and fish hanging in the electricty wires that stuff pisses me off.I think they over stepped the mark IMHO but they do work for a council {SMILIES_PATH}/rolleyes.gif.And I would think the residents would fear the local parties that happen in the houses .On one fishing trip I found tables chairs pot plants etc all floating in the lake .The poor home owner said one of his neighbours had a 21st party and chucked his stuff in the lake.Now I ask you would u prefer the local yobbos having a party or some 40 something guy fly fishing !!Have been watched by one offical one saturday morning pretty sure he scratched his head and walked away {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gifCheers

Great idea on that clean-up Ranger,i'd like to get a few of those shopping trolleys out of there.I always pick up any rubbish i find laying around if i,m near a bin but i have noticed the residents don,t ever seem to want to get their hands dirty and will step over it and then give me the evil eye.I reckon they think their too good to pick up rubbish and by the quality of some of the dollybirds walking the fringes.....well i don,t blame them {SMILIES_PATH}/tongue.gif cheers brenton

{SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif Your a funny man Brenton {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gifBut it sure is some Inspiration when they walk past and the fishing is tough {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gifSambo

Great idea on that clean-up Ranger,i'd like to get a few of those shopping trolleys out of there.I always pick up any rubbish i find laying around if i,m near a bin but i have noticed the residents don,t ever seem to want to get their hands dirty and will step over it and then give me the evil eye.I reckon they think their too good to pick up rubbish and by the quality of some of the dollybirds walking the fringes.....well i don,t blame them {SMILIES_PATH}/tongue.gif cheers brenton

yeah the dollybirds look good in the warmer weather {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gifOnly the old ones stop and talk to me {SMILIES_PATH}/shocked.gif
  • 2 months later...

Public Fishing has always been a problem since the construction of the lake.

KIMO, not baggin ya mate, but housing development has always been a problem to otherwise natural waterways like westlakes, so it kinda makes me think that it wouldnt be aproblem if it wasnt full of houses.Cheersaff

Yac & Butters Ya right no one should have to consider the opinions of the residents, least of all if there is inadequate signage, and to argue whether it is 3.00 metres or 6.00 metres without signage also would seem improper.How is any one to know people even live there.I apologize for my attempt to explain the other side of things and realize that it is hard for some to understand that people do not want strangers wandering about their residents when ever they feel. Its easy to understand that those that enjoy fishing oppose being denied access to the water especially if it is a spot they have caught fish in previously.However have any of you loud mouth fools ever considered that obviously the attitude displayed by most of the posters on this subject is the very reason there are signs in the first place. Suggestions of moving the car, asking for proof and ignoring the rights of the residents, or even worst considering that you have all the rights and the residents none, is the never going to improve things.So now you resort to ersonal attacks ? >:( ??? :-X Ever heard the expression of catching more bees with honey ? ::)I all ways new I would get some bagging because there would be some incapable of understanding that you have not always got the right to just fish where ever you like. I just never realised that the best part of the forum thought that way. Yeah mate, and we never thought anyone would take your attitude either ??? ::) :icon_lol: I will pass this information on to the local council of their responsibility to either put adequate signage Will not Disturb you blokes again Promise ;DKIMO

Not sure if this helps or hinders the discussion,but the Charle Sturt Council bylaws were amended on 29 January 2008,to prohibit fishing in West Lakes "from any part of the inlet structure and extending 438 metres along the eastern walkway,within 20 metres of any bridge over the lake and within 6 metres of any private,residential or commercial property abutting the lake"This is the linkhttp://www.charlessturt.sa.gov.au/Portals/0/By%20Laws%20-%20Review%202008%20update.pdfThe relevant section is on page 25.

as a loud mouth fool....

Yac & Butters...... However have any of you loud mouth fools........

I must say, I bet KIMO is just bursting with excitement at these bylaws. bit of a coup eh? Will ya be out with the ruler?I'll i can say is bummer for the land-based fellas, especially all those who shelter under the bridges in winter. (though the 20m rule is old hat anyhow).Since the begining civilisation, bridges have been traditional access points to water for fishermen in the community?? and in many waterways are the ONLY access points. The fact that the 20m rule has been ignored of so long is testament to this convention. Where ya supposed to stand when it rains??? Will the council be providing alternative sheltered areas, or do they want to have to bring in a bylaw about the use of TENTS in future.I understand not wanting to clutter the space under bridges, but how about a realistic solution, where designated fishing platforms are created in addition to the walkways??Removal, closure, impositions! but where's the compromise? Surely we have learnt by now, if you displace people, u invite backlash unless you provide some offset. Perhaps this is beyond the council and like many others areas of planning, the State Gov needs to step in and take control.

One of the reasons i got my kayak was to be able to access all of the lake. It is pretty annoying when the residents get stuck in to you for fishing, which is well within your rights. If they are harassing us can we complain about them? We should take some 'council cops' for a kayak fish and see the abuse we cop. Most of my contact with residents is positive. It was pretty funny when i got one of my best bream, these kids were watching me and they ran inside to tell on me for catching their bream. When they came back out with their mum they were almost in tears. I told them i was going to let it go again and i let them pat it and they cheered when i let it go.

Most of my contact with residents is positive. It was pretty funny when i got one of my best bream, these kids were watching me and they ran inside to tell on me for catching their bream. When they came back out with their mum they were almost in tears. I told them i was going to let it go again and i let them pat it and they cheered when i let it go.

Good stuff. Thats the kind of experience most of us want. We are not there to drestroy the lake, or do do damage, we just want to enjoy the oudoors and catch a fish.I too am sick of people who yell at me or start telling me off, before i even get the chance to do the right thing.The other day. i was drifting along and just ahead a fella emerged from his house and threw scraps into the water to feed the bream. Naturally i gave the area widebirth and left him to watch the fish feed, its not about destroying the joy of others. Problem is like MulliesC said, people get angry before you do anything, and start barking at ya from the banks. In those situations, when the criticism is unjustified I just fish right in front of them 6meters away and cast right in close to their pontoons, the more they go on the longer ill stay, pretending their voice must be the wind, looking around bewildered at everyone but them!If you treat everyone like your neighbour, we wouldnt have these probs, but some think were all a bunch of mongrels, I just feel sorry for Land Based anglers who cant float just out of reach like us yakkers and the kids who have negative interactions with houseowners from the word go!

Let me wade into this one and poke at these hornets wiv MY stick!I think most of us here see things from the fishermans side! ie: Westlakes is close by, sheltered, accessible, and we have the chance to pull some good fish there. We don't cause any problems, we don't leave crap behind, we're quiet, so why the bl**dy hell shouldn't we be allowed to fish there, and why should we be abused and asked to move on?Unfortunately, residents see it from a different point of view! It IS a residential area, and some of the most expensive real estate around! Before being earmarked as a residential development it was just sand dunes which interested no-one. It then get's built up and lakes created for the area. Residents pay a small fortune for their waterfront properties and want a bit of peace and quiet to enjoy it in peace! THEY see the rowdier fishing element often! Those sucking back tinnies, yellin, dropping crap everywhere, abusing the residents and making a pain in the *rse of themselves! Residents get concerned for the safety of their property with this undesirable elements hanging around at odd hours of the night, and residents don't discriminate between one fisho and another. They now consider ALL fisho's to now be a threat! They are SO concerned that "rent-a-cops" are even employed to protect their interests!The council gets called, and council gains revenue from residents not fisho's, so the council looks after the interests of the residents and bans all fisho's from the area!Simple really, once again it comes back to us screwing things up for ourselves! Until rec fisho's can lift their game and improve their image, we're just gonna see more and more areas closed to us! Sh*t, there's even been talk of putting up "No Fishing" signs on some of the local jetties (Henley and Grange) coz of the crap left behind, the disturbance to residents and the problems some rec fisho's create! We can turn this around if we have the inclination to get involved and promote ourselves to residents, organise clean-up's, hold social events with residents, etc, etc, which would promote our own image in their eyes, and let them see that many of us are valuable members of the community who care for the waterway, watch out for their property, clean up litter, return fish to the water, and keep a very low profile. Most rec fisho's couldn't be bothered though, and would much rather just sit back and have a whinge about what a raw deal we get!Geez, I got into boat fishing coz I'd had enough of many rowdy, larrikan, feral, w*nker recs fishing landbased, and I just wanted to get away from them myself! If it's too much for another fisho to deal with, why should local residents who have to live amongst it be forced to deal wiv the crap? If I had some of the carry-on I've seen out there happening out the front of MY house, I recon I'd be out with a friggin shotgun! That's their friggin home!!! It's what they've worked all their life for, it's where their families wanna feel safe, and it's the biggest investment they're ever make in their lifetime! YEP, they wanna protect it, they wanna feel safe, and they dont want undesirables hanging around creating problems for them! Is that REALLY so bad?Just remember, ya reap what ya sow, and a little goodwill while you're out there can go an awful long way!

Dunno what the big fuss is about, any of you that frequent the lake will be familliar with the dragon boats, now i lived on the lake for many years. never had a problem with ppl fishing.. the thing that used to really piss me off was the damn dragon boats 6am on a sunday morning.. as they screamed out at the top of their lungs ROW ROW ROW!!!With crap like that going on (enviromental noise pollution) youd think for the rest of the residents that would be of more concen. Take a tape measure with ya, perhaps do the right thing and move on if ya get busted in a sign posted spotOr you can always tell them that you are part of the indiginous community that claims native title to the area and they will be sued for racism... seems to work everywhere else :icon_lol:mulliesc, damn streight tell em to jog on! its a much politer way to say f**k off!You know they have even outlawed riding pushbikes around the lake... here come the fun police again...You know a current affair luv stories like this.. get some footage make damn shure your not in the wrong and fire em off an email. see what happens then!

i lived on the lake for many years. never had a problem with ppl fishing.. the thing that used to really piss me off was the damn dragon boats 6am on a sunday morning.. as they screamed out at the top of their lungs ROW ROW ROW!!!

They only did that coz at that hour of the morning you kept refusing to open up to the mormons who were banging on ya front door! :icon_lol: :icon_lol: :icon_lol:

It's what they've worked all their life for, it's where their families wanna feel safe, and it's the biggest investment they're ever make in their lifetime! YEP, they wanna protect it, they wanna feel safe, and they dont want undesirables hanging around creating problems for them! Is that REALLY so bad?Just remember, ya reap what ya sow, and a little goodwill while you're out there can go an awful long way!

Yur Right Ranger, but you are also wrong.Ur right about looking from a residents perspective and to do un to others as you would....., however the point we were trying to raise has been missed somewhat... The value of houses around the lake came after the construction. It was not a million dollar suburb in the 70s or 80s or really even the 90s, it has become so, and fishing has always taken place there. (was not established as an exclusive suburb, hell at that time no one would have bought there for big big bucks)I live across from a park and I WANT TO FEEL SAFE. I DONT WANT LOUTS MAKING TROUBLE OR DESTROYING PROPERTY. -When these people come i deal with them accordingly by calling the police.I DO NOT HOWEVER TAR EVERY PARK USER WITH THE SAME BRUSH AND TREAT FAMILIES AND QUIET YOUNG PEOPLE WITH SUSPISCION. I insted understand the value of open space, recreation and the need to share. Therfore I dont yell "PISS OFF" to young kids kicking the ball, THIS IS WHAT RESIDENTS AT WESTLAKES DO TO ME AND OTHERS!How does them abusing me make them feel safe?IS IT REALLY SO BAD???YES, the end does not Justify the means so it is in fact very BADAnd reap what you sow....I know this was not an accusation, but many of us are amicable and decent to householders only to have others go nuts at us for nothing. Being nice is a good feeling, but it WILL NOT FIX THE SITUATION.I did like Rangers idea about cleaning up the lake and wider gestures of goodwill, but i must stress i will not agree that the current attitude of residents toward anglers is acceptable!They are just as wrong as the fishers who do the wrong thing in regard to rubbish and public drinking!Yak

Yak, I'm not gonna jump up and down over this. I respect your point of view, and I see validity in your points! I don't believe I missed the point though.

The value of houses around the lake came after the construction. It was not a million dollar suburb in the 70s or 80s or really even the 90s, it has become so, and fishing has always taken place there. (was not established as an exclusive suburb, hell at that time no one would have bought there for big big bucks)

Yes, the value of houses came after construction, but the lake was only constructed as part of the residential development as a whole, put forth by Delphin.When I was a kid I used to go there! An old family friend (Mrs Smith- and that's true) lived there. One lil Cream Brick house sitting all by itself in the middle of nowhere! She was bought out, packed up and moved along so this development could begin. There was no lake, no nothin but sand dunes and salt scrub.Everyone laughed at this proposed development. About WHY anyone would even wanna live there, and then the stories started about the whole place sinking into the sand!Apparently Delphin knew what they were doing though, and it's ended up now as a jewel in Adelaide's crown, with multi-million dollar waterfront properties.

i must stress i will not agree that the current attitude of residents toward anglers is acceptable! They are just as wrong as the fishers

Possibly so! I don't believe residents just decided to be b*stards though! I believe they've only adopted this attitude, because of the crap they've been forced to put up with around their homes and their families in the past.Now as you say, they ARE tarring everyone with the same brush. It may not be the right attitude, or a way to build bridges/mend wounds between residents/fishers, but maybe they've just had enough and no longer care about that! Not everyone is tolerant and even tempered.Imagine that park again! You had a few drunks out there last night smashing bottles on the road, yelling, fighting and carrying on through the wee hours of the morning and even smashing up your letterbox or grafitting your fence. When a couple arrive tonight carrying a six pack to sit down in that park, don't tell me that you're not suspicious, and still p*ssed about last night, and watching out ya window waiting for their mates to arrive! I wouldn't be surprised if ya stuck ya head out and told them to p*ss off too (even though they've done nothing wrong), coz I know I'D be tempted to if I lived there.I dunno, maybe you're much more tolerant than me, or maybe I'm just an arrogant pig with a bad temper! Maybe I should move to westlakes too! :icon_lol:

Okay you do get my point that no matter what i (or others) do, when i next go, i am likely to cop abuse as part of my day out fishing. (unless a long thorough reonciliation occurs between anglers and owners)

Imagine that park again! You had a few drunks out there last night smashing bottles on the road, yelling, fighting and carrying on through the wee hours of the morning and even smashing up your letterbox or grafitting your fence. When a couple arrive tonight carrying a six pack to sit down in that park, don't tell me that you're not suspicious, and still p*ssed about last night, and watching out ya window waiting for their mates to arrive! I wouldn't be surprised if ya stuck ya head out and told them to p*ss off too (even though they've done nothing wrong), coz I know I'D be tempted to if I lived there.I dunno, maybe you're much more tolerant than me, or maybe I'm just an arrogant pig with a bad temper! Maybe I should move to westlakes too! :icon_lol:

Point taken, but this does happen to me. Hell i live in bloody Hectorville, I wake up with people i dont know in my bedroom! And in the last few months i have had people on the run from the cops hiding in the parks bushes, bottles smashed, people fighting, people coupulating, letting of fireworks, you name it! BUT I Always treat each person with respect unlesss they do something they shouldnt. So while i may look out through the window, I never tell em to piss off unless they need to be told ;)A fine example of why this is the best approach is; friday night last week my housemate arrived home to find 6 young fellas in the park, kicking the ball, somewhat shabbily dressed and they had a carton of beer with them. At first he thought, 'OH here we go'. and when they called out to him and started approaching him, he got a bit worried but he waited for them to come over. Turns out they are about 22-25yearolds who had recently moved to the area, they had had some troubles with theft and asked if we had had trouble too, to which he replied in the affermative. They were wearing dodgy clothes because they are tradies in thier work gear and ended up swapping numbers with my Hmate in case any of us encounter trouble in the future. We are now all friends!SO IT ALWAYS PAYS TO HAVE AN OPEN MIND..and finally yes; you should definately move to weslakes ;)

This may seem really stupid, but I was under the impression that the 6metre rule was a council regulation.Whether there is a signpost handy or not is irrelevant.Or are you saying that if you happen to be fishing in a place where you cannot see a sign then the rule no longer applies?