*****The NERVE of Some People*****

carps wrote:

FISHWATCH is a volanteer service run and supported by volenteers

Almost right Carps.FISHCARE is supported by volunteers who give up their time to visit boat ramps, beaches, jetties etc to educate the masses. They supply relevant and up to date information on fisheries regulations and at times can help with tactics to improve your fishing.They have no compliance activities WHAT SO EVER. They are not even allowed to to report any illegal activity they see on their patrols.FISHWATCH is the service provided by fisheries to report illegal activity by the general public. ;) But you are right in the point you make. If people are so concerned with education, then maybe they should take a leaf out of some of the volunteers book and get out there and help educate the broader public. Who knows you might even learn a thing or two yourself or even how to handle such scenerios as that faced by southie ;)
SandyWhiting wrote:

I would say being in a boat they cant do anything, there is more than 1 person aboard with gear, so I cant see that being a problem, because you are in close proximity of the gear..On the Jetty, if the wife is no where to be seen and its only him, maybe a different story, as there is only HIM present.. We have regulations here in Whyalla, regarding NO FISHING for cuttle fish and squid what so ever in the False bay area , Now , I guess the same applies to as "What would you do" if you were fishing for snapper, catch a cuttle fish on the other side of Stony point where you can go cuttling, and squiding, take the live cuttle fish or squid around to the False bay area which here is renown for catching some good snapper off the rocks.. Now what would happen after you have baited up live, and fisheries rock up, and see your live catch in the bucket????????Guess you would be screwed..Bit hard to prove you caught them in the area that your allowed.

that happened to my brother in his boat last year.... fisheries were waiting for him at the ramp, they had his boat number written on a pad, and had been fishing for snapper at black point in the boat.somone had rang fisheries, and reported he was fishing for cuttlies there.fiseries searched the boat, and did find cuttlefish. FROZEN cuttlefish, and not one squid jig on the boat of in the tackle box.its good that people ARE watching, and my bro actually thanked the fisheries bloke for taking an interest in catching the wrong doers...the cuttlefish were what he caught from the jetty 3 weeks earlier...but it does beg the question... what if cuttlie/squid were caught on the forshore in the unprotected area, and then he motored over to black point to try for a snapper?would be real hard to prove they were caught elsewhere.

i was wondering how long it would take for someone to pick me up on that one THANKS CK but the princaple stands anyone can bitch about it but everyone has the opertunity to do something ck i thought i might a said the wrong name so checked the website afterwards but cant edit ya posts now can ya :blush:

Good topic guys and girls i feel that education is definately a big factor in fishing and thats what these forums are doing is providing a way for opinions to be heard without nastiness and maybe even encouraging people to be more pro active. Apart from professionals we all do it for fun lets keep it that way :)

Highfly wrote:

Im a little offended by the "ETHNIC" catagorisation. When I went to school it was the norm but not any more. Nowadays its those that are doing the "categorizing" that are viewed as the ignorant. :blush: There was a bloke on the jetty would have sufficed. There are pros taking tonnes upon tonnes of fish daily. Some poor pensioner has got a couple of extra handlines for squid and it kills your day.You have gone to one of the most beautiful places in the state, you are fishing, not at work, not anywhere u dont want to be but you are FISHING, in a spot u chose to be.U R DOING WHAT U WANT and what do you think about?That wog with the extra handline has taken all my fish. Dude if u go thru life thinking like that u wont get anywhere. Enjoy the day, look at the beauty of where u r.If all you think about is the shit, guess what u will see everywhere u go.

what ever mate
Guest undertaker
stu83 wrote:

Highfly wrote:

Im a little offended by the "ETHNIC" catagorisation. When I went to school it was the norm but not any more. Nowadays its those that are doing the "categorizing" that are viewed as the ignorant. :blush: There was a bloke on the jetty would have sufficed. There are pros taking tonnes upon tonnes of fish daily. Some poor pensioner has got a couple of extra handlines for squid and it kills your day.You have gone to one of the most beautiful places in the state, you are fishing, not at work, not anywhere u dont want to be but you are FISHING, in a spot u chose to be.U R DOING WHAT U WANT and what do you think about?That wog with the extra handline has taken all my fish. Dude if u go thru life thinking like that u wont get anywhere. Enjoy the day, look at the beauty of where u r.If all you think about is the shit, guess what u will see everywhere u go.

what ever mate
Nice one stu ;)

This has already been said but confrontation does not usually help anyone unless you are 6'6", built like arnie and can scare the other person off.The solution to dealing with idiots that worked for me was simply buying a kayak. I can now go fishing where I want to when I want to (weather permiting)and not be bothered by anyoneCheers

Guest undertaker
Peteren wrote:

This has already been said but confrontation does not usually help anyone unless you are 6'6", built like arnie and can scare the other person off.

All you need to do now is worry about the 10' 6" confrontation from below.......you know......."Mr.White" and his brown coated mates........ :ohmy:
Guest SuperThahn

The nerve of some people??Highfly i agree with you 100%people that can narrow it down to someones nationality are the people with the NERVE.He did the wrong thing yeah but did he have squid overflowing from the bucket???? :S

We're all clowns because we can see that people of other nationalities in general ( Not all mind you) tend to disregard our laws especially towards fishing. take anything they can. Yeah come to our country then bitch and moan about our laws . If you dont love it or respect it LEAVE. I dont care if your an interstater (I am) or non national. learn the local laws and abide by them, whether you agree with them or not.

VB4ME I think we need to catch up for a quiet beer

Ok. Make mine an icy cold VB. First rounds on you :silly:

As you can see, I have edited and removed a few posts from this thread.We all have different opinions and we are all entitled to them, but how this thread, like so many others has become another 'shit' fight is beyond me.Carps has asked for it to stop, yet it continues. Moderators are here to keep things running smoothly, not to be disagreed with or questioned if they ask for something to stop.If it continues down the same path, I will remove the whole thread.http://www.strikehook.com/forum/10-site-news/62364-rules-reminder

Southie thanks for such an entertaining thread, onya buddy no hard feelings here, given us something to do. Unlike some of the other posters I do not believe you intented to be malicious. I think that bloke really pissed u off and you wanted to blow off some steam and thats cool. Something that is sadly obvious is that angry people are angry people, they choose to be angry whatever the circumstances and others are always at fault. They roll up angry and look for reasons outside themselves everywhere they go. The ignorant will always find other ignorants to agree with them and thats fine, the blind leading the blind. God bless them.When the rest of us go fishing we will get on with the job of catching fish, making friends, staying postive and having a great time. MATE ! Everytime I go away fishing I almost always make new friends, learn new things and have a great time. I find new friends everywhere I go. The ignorants can focus on everything bad about the world never seeing the shit in their own pants. :laugh: Thanks for the head up STMe Im off to the shooting range, gonna shoot a glock, a 44 and a 45 handguns, Im excited, cya blokesMight have an icy cold vb after too, :laugh: