What have you caught out of Westlakes??

Gday Guys. I used to get anchovies under the lights at the end of the road bridges. When the lake was first open the entrance on the change of the tide was always shoulder to shoulder with everyone after the bream that gathered for a feed. We used to row a very small dingy to the rope barrier and fish back to the shore. Everyone used to get enough to eat. During the day you'd often see magpie perch as well. My biggest bream came from the causeway end when it was still a swamp.CheersKosams

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

there are more squid and cuttles at the southern end I beleive... I fish the northern end of the lake almost exclusively but thats only cos thats where I live haha. Bream are caught throughout the whole system but the best time is autumn and early winter as the bigger bream are hungry and easier to catch as they are preparing to spawn, but only keep one or two if ya want a feed as they take ages to grow to legal size, hell i have even caught fish older than me! I hope this is of help! PS summer is another good time but there are lots of littlies to put up with and shitties. PPS dont tell anybody but the beaches along the northern end are good for KG whiting as i got a few undersize one and lost a monster.

OMG you live near the lake? :o you are so lucky ;D do you live rite on the waterfront? I reckon if i won the lotto id buy and a nice big flashy waterfront house ::) just you could fish off your own front lawn and tie up your boat infront of your house... ::)so err, these whiting... just on the low, cockles, prawn? what did u do?

• 4 weeks later...