What have you caught out of Westlakes??

Guest undertaker

I had taken my 2 daughters fishing,down by the rowing club,summer 2005.They were having a ball,catching / releasing "squillions" of bream,ranging from 10 to 15cm.As the sun was going down,and the "little ones" were going off the bite,I decided it was my turn to have a go,as the girls were building sand castles.About 5 mins after I cast out,I got a "huge" bite.......struck,and was reeling in.The closer I got the "fish" to the beach,the more difficult the fight became.My eldest.....11 at the time....says "Dad,youve got a HUGE puffer fish on".......and then went back to her sand castle with younger sister.On beaching the "puffer",turned out to be a rather large condom,full of.........water.Not the most meritorious of catches,but a talking point none-the-less!

• Replies 80
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

On beaching the "puffer",turned out to be a rather large condom,full of.........water.Not the most meritorious of catches,but a talking point none-the-less!

Did ya catch it on a rubber? {SMILIES_PATH}/tongue.gif
i'm guessing jerk shad! {SMILIES_PATH}/cool.gif
Ba-Boom Tish! {SMILIES_PATH}/cheesy.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/cheesy.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/cheesy.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/cheesy.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif Today's comedy award goes to BB.. {SMILIES_PATH}/wink.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gifI note that no-one was man enough to admit it was caught on a 2" fat grub.. {SMILIES_PATH}/wink.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gifCheers,Wino

On beaching the "puffer",turned out to be a rather large condom,full of.........water.Not the most meritorious of catches,but a talking point none-the-less!

Did ya catch it on a rubber? {SMILIES_PATH}/tongue.gif
i'm guessing jerk shad! {SMILIES_PATH}/cool.gif
Ba-Boom Tish! {SMILIES_PATH}/cheesy.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/cheesy.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/cheesy.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/cheesy.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif Today's comedy award goes to BB.. {SMILIES_PATH}/wink.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gifI note that no-one was man enough to admit it was caught on a 2" fat grub.. {SMILIES_PATH}/wink.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gifCheers,Wino
I thought it was the bream attracting you blokes down to the lake. ( and i couldn't work that out either? ;D)Now i understand what you mean when you say you're just going for a toss :P
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

dunno if this counts but i got spooled this morning by a pelican... on breamming gear.... in my yak.it was flying low, i was trolling an sp and im sure you can guess the rest. Took 150m of brand new ts sensor plus backing, in about 20 seconds. Made a run from an eaglie look slow. :icon_eek:

Geez Matt :-\ I,ve stopped pelicans on 6lb before ;D you gotta crank u that drag a bit fella.They are a real skill test,besides it would of looked hilarious from the shore watching some guy in a yak wrestling with a pelican trying to retieve his S/P :icon_lol: cheers brenton

Crank up!! I WAS PALMING!!!!! :icon_e_biggrin:

you must of hooked him in the date,I hooked mine on the top of the head so i might of had a bit more of a chance.I did get him to the boat though and got my lure back.It was only a gillies pilchard but it was the principal of the thing. cheers brenton
  • 1 month later...

Bream, whiting-sand & Kg ,Salmon trout, trumpeters (do they actually count) ,flounder, puffers (again do they count) , flathead, small snapper, ,weird ass axolottle looking thing,and 2 cuttlefish id never ever even seen a cuttlefish , then got 2 in a row.. .weird looking dudes!. Yet to get a mully outta there....until this spring/summer.....!

• 2 weeks later...