Guest Butters

hey Lc.. for 30bucks why not give it a try an find out.. i'll be honest tho i have bought cheap stuff before and wont be doing that again.. it came apart and was more like a plat.. not a braid {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif but that was lighter stuff..i havent used the brand that you have mentioned so i cant comment there.. it might be worth it though..let us know how you go.. no doubt you will be giving it a good work out with some of your big sharks you chase {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif {SMILIES_PATH}/grin.gif

hey butters, i think i'll try it on the 9/0. it's probably a bit of an overkill using 80lb, but atleast if the line gets caught up on the reef or something i'll still have a chance. sorry i didn't say g'day last week at w/lakes, me and ms Lc were feeling alittle shady from our fishing sesion the night before. too much beer and not enough sleep {SMILIES_PATH}/tongue.gif. i'll let you know how the line is when i get it.cheers. Lc

Yes I bought some a while ago but a bit lighter than yours.I reckon it is ok but prone to tangles.It does not have the stretch like nylon so depending on what you are fishing for it might be better than nylonor worse.Have a look in Kmart/ BigW and compare prices or tackleshop and you'll find whether it was worthwhile.I do compare prices now and Ebay is not always cheaper then localy bought.

• 1 month later...

Try some Nitlon PE, I dare say it's the best value braid around(including ebay "bargins") Lasts for ages, knots pull out, thin diameter, not waxy and at a reasonable price. I have not used it in the heavier classes but with most braids the quality becomes clearer the lower the breaking strength.