CALLOP RECIPES

Guest TACKRAT1985

i look forward to eating one one day.. but as mine are caught in SAFWAA dams... its C&A.. so a trip up the murry will be on the cards.. since im a salt water fisher.. im pretty keen to try this fresh water fish.. when done properly.. im hoping for atleast a half decent feed.

Guest TACKRAT1985

tasted tops cheers carps, ur mother in laws got it sussed.is it good fishing in the stocked dams del? i'm more of salty fisho too but was keen to give it a go when the uncle said he's been getting heaps on lures, now i'm gonna have to go up more often they fought better than i expected too with there big head shakes hey

I normally catch and release these fish, but when I'm camping its a different story ;)Firstly I wouldnt bother eating a big one, they grow slow and become fatty, pluss they are the good breeders. 33-40cm is perfect.1. Gut but leave the fish whole, head on. 2. Skin the callop (very important). Lay fish on Aluminium foil.3. Chop 1 bunch continental parsley, thinly slice a lemon.4. Rub fish with some rock salt, and parsely5. Stuff remaining parsely and lemon slices into cavity, place a knob of butter inside or drissle some lemon juice & olive oil over the top.6. Wrap up in foil making sure to seal it well.7. Can cook slowly on the BBQ or even better on the campfire coals. If cooking on coals place the hot coals in a shallow hole and be sure to double wrap the fish in foil. DO NOT PUT FISH IN THE FIRE, it will be TOO HOT!Turn After 5 minutes, wait 5, unwrap and enjoy!!

• 4 weeks later...

yeah pretty much you said it but what i do isskale the fish, and leave the head on and just take the guts out.the stuff it with lemon, butter and some basil and stuff lyk thatthe put lots of salt and peper on the top of the fish, so wen it cooks it soaks into the meat.the last my secret spice =D BUSH SPICES and ps. dont be shy with the bush spices :PAnd the wrap in foil and cook in a fire. :P

Guest TACKRAT1985

cheers guys why was it you skin them yakattakn? tried him whole in alfoil in oven with lemon etc tasted perfect, jus wish i'd cooked over coals, was a bit of fat dripping though, i'm gna release every bigger 1 i get now.