Great whites need to be removed

• Replies 115
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest SuperThahn

photos?Heard of a few but never any proof?Not saying your lying but its defintly not common and would love to see a pic as a lot of people have a bit of trouble telling shark species apart

i wouldnt need to see photos , as they arenot that shy. maybee as tahn has said around boats i have never heard of that but i have def been harrassed while surfing. i have even saw one tossing a octopus around in the water at coffins while surfing about five meters away! browned my suit to say the least. i suppose it would depend on the situation at the time, Andrew Fox once told me to make a lot of noise and paddle towards one if they were harrasing us in the water. safe to say i would picture myself paddling the opposite way if it ever happened.

Why would we take our whites out, we are in there backyard and they always come in summer to chase the bait. Name one instance where a 5m white has killed adults and children in a 12ft tinny or watevr story u made up. Taking out the whites would effect our ecosystem. I thinks killing whites that come in metro is a load of crap

Dubs The Tackle Man wrote:

I have to say that i totally disagree, u and i make the choice to go into there enviroment, there home its not the answer. I read somewhere u have more chane of being killed by a falling vending machine than u have being eaten by a shark maybe we should get rid of them 2!

one of my pet hates is when people quote stuff like this... it has NO reference.same as lighting strike hit more people than sharks kill...same again ...NO reference.i see it like this...there are tens of thousands of vending machines in australia, and how many people would walk past then per day?hell in my workshop alone, we have 2 vending machines for 80 blokes.... and i walk past it at least 30 times a day.now if there was 2 whites(or tigers,hippos etc etc) and 80 people walked past it continusly, the chances are someone would get eaten.same with lightning...there are HUNDREDS OF THOUSANDS of strikes each and every day worldwide, and millions of people are in the storms...now if there was hundreds of thousands of white, and millions of people where they are, the chances would again be right up there that someone would get eaten.MY PREDICTION....SOMEONE WILL BE KILLED BY A GREAT WHITE BEFORE SUMMER IS OVER...
Guest AC Hardfronts

Too many ppl are off with the fairy's!!! Sharks have every right to be there.. its THEIR home not ours!! But if we where Merm-mans and mermaids then there would be HUNDREDS and THOUSANDS of shark attacks each year!!! The sharks are there to stay.. GET OVER IT!!! if you cant deal with that stay on the land.. sell you boat.. and invest in a swimming pool!!!

Guest AC Hardfronts
rocknev wrote:

MY PREDICTION....SOMEONE WILL BE KILLED BY A GREAT WHITE BEFORE SUMMER IS OVER...

and my bet would be if someone is taken by a white.. they will probably be kicking and splashing around on a shark biscuit (aka Surf board) in shark infested waters, looking like a dieing seal... Not on your local beach in waist deep water with the family..
AC Hardfronts wrote:

rocknev wrote:

MY PREDICTION....SOMEONE WILL BE KILLED BY A GREAT WHITE BEFORE SUMMER IS OVER...

and my bet would be if someone is taken by a white.. they will probably be kicking and splashing around on a shark biscuit (aka Surf board) in shark infested waters, looking like a dieing seal... Not on your local beach in waist deep water with the family..
sadly, history proves that otherwise....and no doubt its there ocean... i dont want them killed at all.... but if i had to i would blow one away without batting an eyelid